M&E Quality Improvement Officer
ICAP at Columbia University is an international non-governmental organization that aims to ensure the wellness of families and communities by strengthening health systems around the world. ICAP began working in Sierra Leone in 2014, partnering with the Ministry of Health and Sanitation (MOHS) to strengthen health systems by providing technical assistance, Quality Improvement and Nursing capacity building projects in Sierra Leone. In line with the broadened scope and objectives of ICAP work, the need for increased staff capacity around new and enlarged areas of focus have emerged. ICAP therefore, require the services of resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the position of QI M&E Officer: in Port Loko, Bombali and Kambia.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The M&E QI officer will work closely with the ICAP Sierra Leone and ICAP NY QI team, and the MOH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Sierra Leone, and other key stakeholders to develop and manage data management onQI at multiple health facilities in Sierra Leone.The QI M&E officer will manage the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) component of the QIC including the development and implementation of all QI related projects including ongoing and additional QI indicators, data management systems, data collection and analysis standard operating procedures (SOPs) and data quality assurance (DQA) activities. S/he will also work closely with QI teams within HF, providing mentoring and technical assistance to guarantee successful implementation of QIC projects, including the collection and analysis of relevant data and delivery of monthly progress reports, including run charts.
- Support and contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of all QI related projects including all QI at multiple health facilities in Sierra Leone.
- Support the Senior QI Advisor to develop all QI monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans, indicators, data management systems, and standard operating protocols for data collection and analysis of QI projects.
- Manage ongoing data quality assurance (DQA) activities for QI projects at diverse health facilities.
- Lead the preparation of data analysis related to QI projects for presentation to a diverse range of audiences.
- Support for both face-to-face training session and on-site M&E coaching and evaluating training sessions, workshops, and other QI training projects.
- Support the Senior QI Advisor and other ICAP QI staff to mentor QI teams within HF to implement QI projects and collect and analyze data.
- Participate regularly in the monthly facility site supportive supervision, QI coaching, mentoring and implementation support for site level QI projects to all participating QI health facilities monthly.
- Contribute in facilitating QI workshops and training courses, leading modules focused on M&E of QI
- Review all QI training and technical assistance activity documentation from ICAP QI teams and help to produce and disseminate technical reports, guides, manuals, success stories, and other written materials.
- Be able to travel to all QI participating facilities as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Statistics, Nursing, Public Health or related field including experience working in MOH, Implementation partners and other institutions M&E or related programs;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience and demonstrated expertise in the implementation of health programs in Sierra Leone
- Minimum 1 years of relevant adult education and/or training experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing and disseminating best practices and lessons learned to government officials, implementers and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated talent in writing technical content and training materials.
- Experience working with complex programs involving short deadlines and multiple tasks, in coordination with multiple partners to achieve program results.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency with Word and PowerPoint and the ability to process and analysis data using MS Excelare required.
- Experience working with DHIS2 is preferred.
- Excellent in English and Krio communication skills are required.
Interested candidates should apply via email with CV and a cover letter as Microsoft Word or pdf attachments to
firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 18th April 2018
The subject of the email should be the POSITION title and the applicant’s full name e.g. Quality Improvement, M&E Officer– Jane Kamara.
Applications not sent in this format will NOT be processed.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***