Helen Keller International, Sierra Leone
Helen Keller International (HKI) is an international, non-profit organization, with 21 country offices world-wide. Created in 1915, HKI’s mission is to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged by combating the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition through evidence-based programs. HKI opened in Sierra Leone in 2004 and currently receives funding from USAID, Irish Aid, UNICEF and others.
HKI’s portfolio of programs covers a diverse range of infectious disease control/elimination and nutrition programs that target vulnerable communities, households and family members. HKI is lead partner for the Ministry of Health and Sanitation integrated community-based program to control/eliminate onchocerciasis, lymphatic filariasis, schistosomiasis and soil transmitted helminths through mass drug administration. Within its nutrition programs, HKI currently supports the government in its two programs; Six Monthly Contact Point and Orange Flesh Sweet Potato.
In line with our global mission, HKI’s main objective in Sierra Leone is to support the government to develop policies and programs that address mortality and morbidity associated with malnutrition; and morbidity and disability caused by neglected tropical diseases and to assist the country to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
REPORTS TO: HR Coordinator/Administrator
LOCATION: Freetown, Sierra Leone
The Admin Officer will support General office operational activities of Helen Keller International office
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for office maintenance daily checklist
- Be the primary contact person for all administrative matters
- Maintain the office supplies logbook;
- Assist the HR Coordinator/Administrator to manage domestic and international travel bookings and courier services;
- Assist the HR Coordinator/Administrator in filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning of documents
- Maintain contact lists monthly
- Responsible for answering HKI incoming calls
- Ensure all office public notice boards are cleaned and up to date.
- Responsible for disbursement of petty Cash
- Responsible for tracking expat staff services
- Ensure all wall clocks have correct readings and continuously powered
- Provide other administrative support as required from time to time
- Compilation of documentation packs for meetings with external clients.
Any other duties as assign by supervisor
Terms and conditions: Full Time, six months’ probation
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send a detailed CV, Application letter stating clearly Application for Admin Officer, names and contacts of three references, a daytime telephone/mobile contact to HR Coordinator/Administrator or email to SierraLeone.Recruitment@hki.org by the close of business on 12th August, 2018.
Helen Keller International is an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Fostering a diverse and open workplace is an important part of HKI’s vision, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, especially women, to apply.
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***