Human Resources Officer
Human Resources Officer
Location: Freetown with travels to the provinces
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health helped to lead the effort to combat the Ebola outbreak and now is focusing to rebuild the health systems in West Africa, while maintaining Ebola preparedness through infection prevention and control, in Kono and Port Loko Districts. Established in Sierra Leone in October 2015, we are now fully integrated with our long-term partner, the Wellbody Alliance, who has been working to serve the poorest patients in the country since 2007. The Ebola epidemic further devastated an already weakened health system. As the epidemic wanes, PIH is committed to supporting the delivery of comprehensive health services in Sierra Leone, from the community level to the health center and to referral hospitals
Role of the Human Resources Department:
The Human Resources Department provides professional human resource management services to PIH-SL managers and staff. This includes the provision of strategic policy and operational advice in the areas of recruitment, remuneration, performance management, training and development, health and safety, employment and industrial relations.
We are looking for a skilled HR Officer who will recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures. You will be responsible for administrative tasks and you’ll contribute to making Partners In Health a better place to work.
If you are passionate about HR and highly efficient, give us a chance to meet you. We expect you to have knowledge of various HR functions. We want to see a committed and approachable individual and be impressed with your character and skills. The goal will be to provide excellent assistance and support to employees and managers.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Provide counseling on policies and procedures
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process.
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans for new hires
- Coordinate staff training and development programs
- Assist in performance management processes
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintain employee records (Contracts Leave data etc.) according to policy and legal requirements including NASSIT, staff medical scheme and serenic HR platform.
- Support with the processing of International Staff documentation including visas, work and residential permits, and Medical and Dental Council.
- Participate in the bi-annual NGO registration process with line ministries and SLANGO
- Proven experience as HR officer, administrator or other HR position
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Understanding of labour laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- BSc/BA in business administration, Human Resources Management or relevant field; further professional HR training will be a plus
- Create and modify complex spreadsheets and relational databases
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, other organizations, and external customers
Method of Application:
Application with detailed curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages) including names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of two (2) referees, photocopies of all certificates and attestations should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5:00pm 14th December, 2018.
PIH is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, religion, tribe or region. Female applicants are encouraged to apply and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
**Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***