District Operations Mentors
District Operations Mentors
Report to: Project Coordinator
Location: Field – based position in Pujehun and Bonthe Hospital
Duration: Full time
Starting date: February 2019
Doctors with Africa-CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognised in Italy. Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, CUAMM is working in Sierra Leone since 2011, implementing healthcare projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
Our mission is to advocate the universal right to health and promote the values of international solidarity, justice and peace. We work to protect and improve the wellbeing and health of vulnerable communities in Africa with a long-term development perspective.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Saving Lives (Phase II) programme seeks to support the Government of Sierra Leone (GoSL) to save women’s and children’s lives by improving the quality, availability and accessibility of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health services. This will be achieved by increasing the utilization of quality RMNCAH services through a multifaceted approach that seeks to strengthen quality, expand access, and build the demand for RMNCAH services in Sierra Leone. The programme duration is October 2018 – March 2021.
Define and implement technical strategies and support the programme, ensuring the pertinence, coherence and adequacy of the provided resources for the DHMT strengthening. Guarantee appropriate working conditions as well as the proper functioning of the hospital infrastructure. Establish, harmonize and maintain appropriate standardized logistics procedures and policies across the district, in order to meet donor requirements on procurement, bill of quantities, engineering and IT supervision.
Duties and activities
Participating in staff coordination meetings and DHMT operational meetings.
Ensuring the set-up of efficient communication channels and reporting mechanisms with the other stakeholders (District Manager, Administration, training experts)
Coordinating with the Admin and Finance Department to ensure that payment processes to suppliers are made on time and without any unnecessary strain on the financial systems.
Supporting the District Manager to produce the Procurement Plan ad to oversee all purchases.
Ensuring proper implementation of policies and procedures at field level. Advising both managers and employees about internal and donors’ policies and procedures.
Anticipating unfavourable events through analysis of data and preparing control strategies.
Maintain contact with local authorities, and local and international technical counterparts within the same program.
Managing staff and systems to maximize programme efficiency and build local capacities.
Coordinating recruitment, training and support of field technical staff.
Management of technical staff and contractors, overseeing their work and delegation of daily tasks to maximize the efficiency of the operations.
Plan and monitor, together with the District Manager or the international expert all renovation and maintenance interventions;
Manage and coordinate the teams on:
- warehousing and supply chain management of medical and non-medical goods;
- Electricity supply and supervision of the installation and maintenance of related equipment such as generators, solar panels, and batteries, both in the DHMT and District Hospital;
- Water supply and hygiene/sanitary facilities, both in the DHMT and District Hospital;
- communication in the DHMT (phones and internet connection);
- Construction, fitting, and maintaining medical facilities and offices;
- Biomed (supervision and report of functioning of maintenance of hospital equipment);
- Monitor the correct use of project assets and IT equipment, provide technical assistance when needed and update inventory and allocation of assets;
- Fulfilling other duties of similar level as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain/Logistic Engineer or Master’s Degree in Supply Chain or any other relevant Master’s or equivalent experience strongly preferred. Professional certification(s) in supply chain a plus;
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in supply chain/logistics management, with progressive responsibility in the health sector;
- Knowledge and experience with transportation, inventory management and distribution;
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
Applications for the above positions should send their CV, Studies Certificates, Work Certificates if any, Copy of ID Card, and two references to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Please, mention the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Deadline for application: 19th December 2018
Please note: Only selected applicants will be contacted
**Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***