Report to: District Delivery Manager
Location: Bo with frequent travel to Pujehun and Bonthe District
Duration: Full time
Starting date: February 2019
Doctors with Africa-CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognised in Italy. Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, CUAMM is working in Sierra Leone since 2011, implementing healthcare projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
Our mission is to advocate the universal right to health and promote the values of international solidarity, justice and peace. We work to protect and improve the wellbeing and health of vulnerable communities in Africa with a long-term development perspective.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Saving Lives (Phase II) programme seeks to support the Government of Sierra Leone (GoSL) to save women’s and children’s lives by improving the quality, availability and accessibility of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health services. This will be achieved by increasing the utilization of quality RMNCAH services through a multifaceted approach that seeks to strengthen quality, expand access, and build the demand for RMNCAH services in Sierra Leone. The programme duration is October 2018 – March 2021.
Define and implement technical strategies and support the programme, ensuring the pertinence, coherence and adequacy of the provided resources. Guarantee appropriate working conditions as well as the proper implementation of the activities.
- Plan work schedules, coordinate activities with other team members;
- Participate in supportive supervision in the respective district for RMNCAH related activities, as and when needed;
- Support the District Delivery Manager on data for decision making training for the DHMTs;
- Support coordination of all RMNCAH partners in the districts.
- Support the District Delivery Manager on all programme related work;
- Support the facilitation of the PHU in-charges meetings;
- Support the District Delivery Managers and the Hospital Operations Mentors for day to day programme related activities/transactions
- Manage all purchase orders and payment requests for the programme;
- Manage all admin and logistics tasks for the programme or as agreed with District Delivery Manager;
- Maintain all record keeping for the programme.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Finance or any other related fields;
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in Management/Finance/Administration. Experience in health sector is an asset;
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
Applications for the above positions should send their CV, Studies Certificates, Work Certificates if any, Copy of ID Card, and two references to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Please, mention the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Deadline for application: 19th December 2018
Please note: Only selected applicants will be contacted
**Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***