Job Title: HIV Officer
Duration of Contract: 8 Months
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone
ICAP at Columbia University is an international non-governmental organization that aims to ensure the wellness of families and communities by strengthening health systems around the world. ICAP began working in Sierra Leone in 2014, collaborating with the Ministry of Health and Sanitation (MOHS) to strengthen health systems by providing technical assistance, Quality Improvement and Nursing capacity-building projects in Sierra Leone. In line with the broadened scope and objectives of ICAP work, the need for increased staff capacity around new and enlarged areas of focus have emerged. ICAP therefore, require the services of resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the position of HIV Officer:
The purpose of this position is to support the implementation of high quality comprehensive HIV/AIDS activity at the health facility level. This position will ensure optimal functioning of the health facilities with respect to project deliverables. The officer will ensure project activity is carried out as planned at the health facilities supported by the organization
- Support the conduct of situation assessments across identified health facilities for the implementation of HIV/AIDS intervention
- Work with the HIV advisors to prepare training materials and train health care workers on comprehensive HIV/AIDS management
- Overall monitoring and analyzing the project activities at the health facility level and advice on timely readjustments of strategies and activities.
- Provide technical assistance to health care workers at the health facilities to provide a range of HIV intervention packages
- Provide TA to health care workers at the facility level to carry out scheduled site level meetings designed to support/promote project interventions
- Document best practices in form of case studies, success stories, abstracts, in addition to the routine monthly updates, quarterly reports.
- Identify new areas of support/ Strategies communicate and facilitate implementation of new initiatives/innovations
- Monitor closely the systematic roll out and implementation of projects strategies at the health facilities
- Ensure the optimum delivery of standard package of care to enhance quality patients care and outcomes
- Work with the M&E officer to ensure projects data at the health facility level maintain high level of quality and are reported timely
- Work with the M&E team to conduct quarterly data quality assurance across supported facilities
- Develop and submit support supervisory and monthly implementation progress report and use reports to guide project activities
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Degree in Medicine or Nursing - Additional qualification is an added advantage
- At least 2 years’ experience working in HIV program
- Worked with NGOs with experience in supporting service delivery at health facilities
- Excellent writing skills and verbal communication or interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Good knowledge and us of the computer
- Ability and willingness to travel within the supported districts
Please email your Cover Letter and Application in a single word format to
This job announcement closes on 26th April, 2019.
All applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an EXCLUSIVE job advert, reposting it on other job boards, on online or offline communication channels without the written consent of Careers.sl is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action!