Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (RRHS)
Job TITLE: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (RRHS)
Duration of Contract: 9 Months
ICAP at Columbia University is an international non-governmental organization that aims to ensure the wellness of families and communities by strengthening health systems around the world. ICAP began working in Sierra Leone in 2014, collaborating with the Ministry of Health and Sanitation (MOHS) to strengthen health systems by providing technical assistance, Quality Improvement and Nursing capacity-building projects in Sierra Leone. In line with the broadened scope and objectives of ICAP work, the need for increased staff capacity around new and enlarged areas of focus have emerged. ICAP therefore, require the services of resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the position of Senior M&E Officer to work on the RRHS project.
RRHS project works with the Ministry of Health and Sanitation (MOHS), health facilities, the National AIDS Secretariat (NAS), National AIDS Control Program (NACP), nursing and midwifery training institutions, Nursing and Midwifery Services Directorate, and other implementing partners with a comprehensive approach to improve HIV/AIDS health service delivery, with a focus on first 90, and also strengthen human resources for health (HRH) in Sierra Leone. The project interventions are part of a broader effort to address health system constraints that impede quality health service availability and access in Sierra Leone (SL) particularly in HIV/AIDS
This role is required to take leadership in the implementation of standard M&E procedures, processes, and reporting requirements. S/he will support the RRHS team to implement requirements towards donor commitments, especially in project start-ups, documentation, progress reporting and phase-outs.
The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be highly involved in M&E strategic planning, provide oversight on implementation of required M&E actions, monitoring and evaluation processes and staff management. The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will also provide quality assurance for data and information (including progress reports) generated from RRHS projects.
- Development of M&E packages for RRHS project including results framework, M&E plan, Indicator Performance Tracking Tables, data collection tools and RRHS DHIS
- Conduct gap analysis of facility level HIV service tools for updates
- Provide quality M&E inputs and reviews of progress project reports, ensuring that the report meets or exceeds the expectations and requirements of donor
- Review progress on project indicators against targets and provide timely project snapshots status of achievements against set targets
- Conduct quarterly HIV service data quality audits and triangulation
- Lead the development of, evaluations and research protocols related to the RRHS project in consultation with NY SI unit and the donor
- Provide M&E technical inputs deemed relevant and necessary throughout all phases of execution.
- Oversee document management and information security procedures and systems including electronic and hard copy filing and transfer and sharing of information.
- With support from other RRHS Programme staff, identify M&E activities supply needs and coordinate with program support to ensure materials arrive in good time.
- With support from other RRHS Programme staff, identify M&E activities financial needs and coordinate with the Senior SI Advisor, M&E Manager and finance team to ensure adequate funds and timely payments
- With support from other RRHS Programme staff, identify M&E activities IT needs and coordinate with the IT team to ensure adequate technological support
- Ensure that ICAP’s work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and government, and support Interagency Coordination forums.
- Comply with ICAP policies and practices with respect code of conducts, and other relevant policies and procedures.
Any other assignment by the Supervisor
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations
- Skilled in data analysis software including SPSS, etc.
- Experience in writing clear and effective assessment and project reports
- Experience in developing effective PowerPoint presentation
- Demonstrated understanding of HIV projects will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English and Krio
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult circumstances.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience of undertaking a M&E related role in a development context
- A degree level in Social Science – Statistics, Economics or equivalent field experience
Please email your Cover Letter and Application in a single word format to
This job announcement closes on 26th April, 2019.
This is an EXCLUSIVE job advert, reposting it on other job boards, on online or offline communication channels without the written consent of Careers.sl is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action!