Job Category-Business OperationsLocations
Abt Associates, Freetown, SL
Job Schedule-Full time
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance€” as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 26 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Under the supervision of the Country Finance & Administration Manager, the Finance Assistant records project finance transactions, posts to appropriate projects and tasks prepare periodic financial statements and reports, and keep the records of the accounts books up to date.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Finance & Administration Manager to establish and implement proper accounting procedures, systems and internal controls following the financial procedures manual of the company.
- Prepares payroll for seasonal staff and other regular payments with due consideration to deductions (for advances, loans, taxes, etc.).
- Checks petty cash payments and periodically reconciles petty cash balances for the main office and field offices.
- Prepare financial documents for mobile payment.
- Ensure that the phone number is registered on the mobile payment service provider system.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of payment document for mobile payment.
- Scan financial documents for the ROV (vouchers, contracts, timesheets, proves of payments etc.…).
- Ensures that periodic inventory of the fixed assets (property) of the company is conducted.
- Organize the financial document filing system from the field offices.
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, Business, or another relevant field.
- At least four (4) years of professional relevant experience.
- Experience working at international development programs, with experience at USAID-funded programs highly desirable.
- Experience in payroll management, petty cash management, financial reporting, and budget tracking.
- Experience in inventory management is desirable.
- A self-starter that is able to perform under pressure is preferred.
- A strong command of financial and other computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Quicken, Access, etc.
- English language capability.
- (4+) years of experience and bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Click to apply: