The Role: Communication and Media Coordinator
Save the Children is recruiting for an experienced, committed, dynamic, creative, and innovative Communication and Media Coordinator with a passion for communication, media, and technology; to provide technical support to the Country Office for communication and media activities. S/he will guide and support the Advocacy and Communication team to increase visibility for Save the Children Sierra Leone, by show casing our work nationally and globally using communication for advocacy and campaigning and building strong partnerships with national and international media.
The Communication and Media Coordinator will lead the development of communication products for donors, members, government and other high-level stakeholders. S/he will lead in building partnerships and engagements with media houses; planning meetings, trainings, workshops and other media actions maintaining the organisation’s policies, protocols and rules of engagement with the media. The postholder will also be responsible for building stronger ties with the regional communication and media leadership to strengthen country office capacity and visibility.
The postholder will also support the team to strengthen Child Participation and meaningful engagement in the country office programme. S/he will develop strategies that are child-led and child friendly for advocacy and campaigning to achieve our ambition for children. S/he will champion the inclusion of children’s voices, opinions and contributions to advocacy and campaigns as well as promote meaningful child participation by building the capacity of staff and partners during the design, implementation and evaluation of the country programme.
- Qualified Communication professional with strong background in Media. Applicants with a minimum of 3 years communication/media experience in a corporate or an NGO environment
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience of developing communication/ media campaign plans, with the knowledge and understanding of a range of communication tactics, and a good track record of implementing successful media campaigns.
- Experience of constructing messages for multiple media including print, web, video and audio presentations.
- Excellent understanding of the communication/media campaigning environment in Sierra Leone
- Understanding of how to work with, and for children as well as connect children’s issues with public opinion and actions
- Demonstrable understanding of child participation in campaigning, child activism tactics and motivations
- Demonstrating the ability to identify the necessary steps towards an ambitious goal.
- Demonstrable creative ability in accessing new opportunities, expertise and ideas
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing and negotiation
- Highly developed analytical writing skills and ability to analyse complex data and to summarise and communicate them in ways that are accessible to a range of audiences
- Experience of building networks and engaging with coalitions
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Experience of presentation, graphic and multimedia design software, along with social media.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Excellence in written and spoken English
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Closing date: 21st March 2022
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
- Candidates should apply through the link that will be provided by Careers.sl.
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
- Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document and include your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Click to apply: