The Role: Office Support Staff
Save the Children is an International organisation that has been implementing child-focused programmes in Sierra Leone since 1999. Our current portfolio includes programmes in the sectors of health, education, protection, livelihoods, water/sanitation, and governance; all with a focus on improving the lives and situation of children in Sierra Leone. Our programme portfolio is covered by various donors ranging from governmental institutions to private donors, and is expected to grow in the next few years.
Save the Children International (SCI) is looking for energetic, hard-working, committed and dedicated woman and man to serve as Office Support Staff at the Coordination Offices. If you have a passion for children, and you wish to be part of a dynamic team supporting development in Sierra Leone, then we look forward to your application! Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Senior secondary school examination certificate
- Minimum 1-year experience in similar position preferably with an NGO
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Minimum 1year experience in similar position preferably with an NGO
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and ability to read and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work long hours including early mornings and evenings,
- Maintaining confidentiality of information obtained in the course of work.
- Demonstrated professional approach such as honesty, trust and loyalty
- Proven skills in computer (windows, Word, Excel)
- Self – motivated with the ability to meet deadlines
- Practical problem-solving skills in a difficult environment
- Ability to work in and promote a team environment/ concept
- Flexible and easily adaptable to change
- Sensitive to issues affecting children
- Committed to SCI’s child protection policy
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Closing date: 21st March, 2022
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
- Candidates should apply through the link that will be provided by Careers.sl.
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
- Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document and include your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.
Click to apply:
Relief web Link
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY