About Seed Global Health
Seed Global Health (Seed) envisions a world in which every country is strengthened by a robust health workforce that can meet the health needs of its population. We, partner, to train nurses, midwives, and physicians, building health teams that can provide high-quality care and save lives. We do this by strengthening clinical care delivery, improving health workforce education, and supporting policies that enable health professionals to succeed. Seed is dedicated to creating lasting change in the health systems of our partner countries: Malawi, Sierra Leone, Uganda, and Zambia. To ensure that these changes are durable, we form deep local partnerships that inform our work at both the individual and systems levels. Together, we are creating a multi-generational impact to not only treat today’s problems but solve for tomorrow’s.
The Finance Officer (FO)will be joining Seed during a period of a fast-paced start-up in Sierra Leone. The FO will be providing financial and administrative support, as well as managing special projects related to organizational needs and priorities as requested. Ultimately, the FO will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our financial transactions and procedures. He/she will liaise directly with staff in Sierra Leone and at headquarters and understand all aspects of country operations This is a full-time position based in Freetown, Sierra Leone, and will be supervised by the Country Director. The FO will work closely with the Finance and Administration Manager -Country Operations Regional Operations Manager (ROM), and Finance & Administration Manager at Headquarters in the execution of operational elements.
Duties and Responsibilities
In collaboration with the Country Director, ROM, and respective staff at headquarters, the Finance Officer will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Process all payments including staff advance requests
- Administer all country office daily accounting and monthly closing procedures, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll in QuickBooks.
- Maintaining all payroll operations according to Seed’s policies and procedures
- Maintain petty cash account disbursements and reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly cash flow requests.
- Assist in the development and tracking of country office budgets
- Provide up to date financial information and support to Boston Finance, the Country Director and program staff to ensure close monitoring of budget to actual performance
- Review and implement financial policies
- Work closely with the Country Director and ROM to provide analysis of financial information for strategic planning and decision-making to HQ
- Manage country office inventory, including conducting an annual inventory of all equipment and supplies
- Work closely with ROM in managing country office procurement, including generating a database of providers for goods and services commonly required by the country office, regular procurement of office supplies, assisting Seed partners with program-related purchases, and coordinating deliveries and pickups of office or other supplies
- Collaborate with ROM in preparing, reviewing, and tracking contracts and agreements, i.e. Memoranda of Understanding, partnership agreements, consultant agreements, vendor agreements, and maintain Sierra Leone cloud-based document archive
Administrative and Logistics Support
- Collaborate with the Finance & Administration, Country Operations to ensure all administrative elements are executed in accordance with Seed policy and procedures
- Provide general administrative support to the Country Director and Regional Operation Manager including coordinating travel, scheduling meetings, and creating and distributing written materials
- In Collaboration with ROM, manage corporate registration deliverables, including annual corporate renewals and regular filings with tax authorities and manage Seed’s compliance with regular corporate governance in Sierra Leone, in collaboration with legal representatives
- Support the Country Director in establishing office facilities and equipping them with furnishings and equipment
- Participate in regular Seed team meetings as required
- Supporting the ROM and CD with projects and tasks when required
Educator & Partnership Support
- Assist with logistics related to educator orientation, and offboarding in collaboration with relevant team members
- Assist ROM & Country Director in responding to educator needs throughout their service
- Passion and commitment to Seed’s mission
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration from a recognized University.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and accounting processes.
- Knowledge of Quick books or any accounting software.
- Experience managing payroll.
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Zoom, Dropbox preferred
- Outstanding analytical and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including flexibility and a sense of humor
- Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to build respectful relationships with colleagues from different cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and young organizational work environment
- A professional qualification like ACCA, CFA/CPA is considered a plus
- Will be based in Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Will be expected to travel domestically for partnership related activities
- May have to stand for extended periods of time Working Conditions
Seed does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin
Please send CV to: email@example.com with the Job Title as the “Subject”