EOI Reference: TD 2022/003/ FNA-SL
EOI Title: Mid Term Evaluation to provide an update on progress against project indicators (Diversifying and Boosting Crop Production)
Date: 21st March 2022
Oxfam is a registered International Non-Governmental Organization. It is a member of Oxfam International, and international confederation of 17 organizations working together in 98 countries with partners and other allies around the world.
Oxfam focuses its activities on providing a comprehensive response to poverty, working cohesively in the four areas that constitute its identity: development cooperation, humanitarian action, faire trade, social mobilization, campaigns and education for global citizenship.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES OF THE MID TERM EVALUATION
Oxfam in Sierra Leone will undertake a mid-term evaluation for diversifying and boosting crop production project in Sierra Leone. The project is implemented in seven districts, spanning through the North, South and Eastern provinces (Port Loko, Kono, Kailahun, Bombali, Koinadugu, Moyamba and Bo) in the country. The mid-term evaluation will help to provide update and establish an assessment of progress against the project indicators, at impact, outcome and output level or as the case may be and build on the evidence base for measuring change at the completion of the project. The midterm review will collect primary and secondary progress data on the set performance indicators outlined in the project’s log frame. The MTE will compare the status of indicators with the baseline status in order to measure the progress that has been realized on the project so far. The baseline provided benchmark on the project indicators, using figures from the immediate planting season in the inception of the project.
The consultant should have;
- Advance level Degree in Statistics/Economics/Project Management or Sustainable Development. A Master’s degree in M&E processes will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in conducting midterm evaluations, data analysis and reporting for development project or programs in Sierra Leone’s context either with reputable INGOs, NGOs or other reputable institutions.
- Excellent understanding of the local Economy, functioning of Agricultural cooperatives, small scale enterprises including special focus on the crop production sub-sector in Sierra Leone.
- Proven track record in Program Evaluations, livelihood, Women empowerment projects and M&E processes or development programs.
- Proven track record in quantitative and qualitative data collection tools and analysis and use of participatory approaches.
- Experience in using theory of change, outcome mapping, outcome harvesting in development projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work with people from different backgrounds to deliver quality products within a short timeframe
- Experience and/or know-how of project implementation at the ground level
Flexibility and, responsiveness to change/demands and openness to feedback
Interested firms or Individual should send an-email to the addresses below for the detailed term of reference and the Invitation to Tender documents on or before the 24th March,2022.