Responsible to: Logistics Manager
GOAL was first operational in Sierra Leone in 1999, the current country programme has a strategic focus on health (health system strengthening and adolescent sexual reproductive health), water and sanitation systems (faecal sludge management, sanitation marketing & water infrastructure). GOAL is currently working in seven districts in Sierra Leone.
The Motorbike Mechanic will be responsible to carry out specific service types for all GOAL Sierra Leone Kenema/Moyamba based motorbikes and mechanical equipment.
To succeed in this role, you will have a Certificate in Auto Mechanics Minimum grade C valid driving license with a minimum of 5 years riding experience, Minimum of 3 years maintenance/repair experience on motorbikes and Basic knowledge of auto electrical systems
Are you interested? If you believe you have the required skills and experience; and excited to join our committed and dynamic team in Kenema /Moyamba, please send your cover letter and up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Thursday 14th April 2022 at 4:30pm.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability: 1) Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols; 2) Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area; 3) Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
GOAL provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their Applications.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE: The Motorbike Mechanic will be responsible to carry out specific service types for all GOAL Sierra Leone Kenema/Moyamba based
motorbikes and mechanical equipment
Overall objectives of the position/Objective for the period:
• Submit to the GOAL Sierra Leone Kenema Logistics Manager all compteted/repair reports on motorbike maintenance/repairs case basis
• Provision effective and efficient support motorbikes maintenance and service
• Assist the Head Driver in monitoring the movements of GOAl Sierra Leone Kenema motorbikes • Record and follow up all service repair schedules relating to the GOAL Sierra Leone Kenema motorbikes and mechanical equipment
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. To ensure GOAL Sierra Leone Kenema based Motorbikes service and repairs are carried out in a timely professional manner
2. Liase with the Logistics Manager to ensure that all service/maintenance schedules are carried out in a timely manner
3. Monitor the overall movement of motorbikes
4. Keep accurate records of all mechanical tools, equipment, stock etc
5. Ensure all service/repair records relating to the GOAL Sierra Kenema motorbikes and mechanical equipment are submitted to the Logistics Manager in a timely manner when do requested 6. To ensure that motorbikes are service and maintained on a regular basis as per the manufacturers instruction manual
7. Ensure running log books are used with each working motorbikes
8. Work with the Store Keeper on procedures and paper works required for requesting and issuing of stock of spares and consumables for motorbikes
9. Ensure that the motorbikes are safe and fit to ride
10. To Liaise with the Logistics Manager and riders to ensure that , all servicing and repairs are done on schedule and to ensure, where possible, that each motorbike has a designated rider 11. To liaise with the Logistics Manager on the purchasing of spare parts, ensuring parts are of good quality
12. To ensure spare keys are available for each motorbike
13. To keep accurate and up to date records of repairs and servicing and to ensure that each motorbike is serviced every 1000kms. To fit service sticker on log books to remind rider of next service due 14. To ensure that each designated Rider washes his motorbike at least onec per week or as required
• Certificate in Auto Mechanics
• Minimum grade C valid driving license with a minimum of 5 years riding experience • Minimum of 3 years maintenance/repair experience on motorbikes
• Basic knowledge of auto electrical systems
This Job Description only servies as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change, revise, omit, add in part/in whole this document any time without giving any reason thereof
I understand the maintenance rules and promise to follow them to the best of my ability.