|Job Title||Centre Nurse||Reporting to||Centre Manager|
|Marie Stopes Sierra Leone|
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global social business providing personalised, high quality, affordable contraception and safe abortion services to women and girls. MSI has 13,000 team members working in 37 countries to deliver our mission: children by choice, not chance. Marie Stopes Sierra Leone (MSSL) is a founding member of the MSI Partnership, operating in Sierra Leone for 30 years and becoming the largest non-governmental provider of family planning (FP) and sexual & reproductive health (SRH) services in the country. MSSL delivers services in every district of Sierra Leone through outreach, centres/clinics and social marketing channels.
|The overall responsibility of the Centre Nurse is to provide a high quality standard of care in all aspects of service delivery to clients. The Centre Nurse is a key operational and clinical role dedicated to the daily operations of the centre. The Centre Nurse’s core objectives will be support the Centre Manager to deliver quality services and to develop a multi-purpose “centre of excellence” for men and women seeking low-cost comprehensive FP, SRH, and complementary services. The Centre Nurse is required to have a high level of both business and clinical skills to support the running of the centre as a clinic business. The Centre Nurse will be required to ensure a high level of client satisfaction and quality.|
- Support the Centre Manager to provide a multi-purpose centre for men and women seeking low-cost comprehensive FP and SRH service.
- Comply with minimum healthcare standards, Global Goods, policies and donor requirements and take immediate action on any areas identified for improvement.
- Working closely with the Quality Assurance team, support changes in clinical practice and the delivery of clinical services.
- Provide a comprehensive range of FP services with emphasis on implants, IUCD and permanent FP methods.
- Run antenatal and postnatal clinics under the supervision of the Centre Manager.
- Support the Centre Manager to run the gynae clinic
- Work closely with the Centre Manager in service delivery especially in delegated areas of duty.
- Work closely with EPI team attached to the Centre and administer vaccines when necessary.
- Provide general medical consultations and treatment. Administer drugs prescribed to clients.
- Promote the concept of family planning through health education
- Support MSSL in achieving its various targets.
- Cleaning and sterilisation of instruments. Dilution of lotion for instrument processing.
- Assist in the provision of Tubal Ligation services.
- Ensure pain management and vocal local as per MSSL protocols.
- Work with the centre team and ensure that standards and objectives are met at all times. This includes wait times, quality of care, ongoing training etc.
- Lead on managing the process for correcting or improving service provision where appropriate and for ensuring the implementation.
- Monitor and enforce standards of client care, including routine checks, post-op queries, correcting or improving performance where appropriate with the appropriate centre nurses.
- Ensure that each area adheres to current Health and Safety legislation in accordance with MSI and MSSL processes and procedures.
- Maintain centre equipment in good working order at all times including maintenances and repairs.
Clinical excellence and client care
- Ensure that clients remain at the centre of everything we do and that clients are always properly counselled on their rights, treatment methods and choices, with appropriate referral whenever suitable and necessary.
- Ensure high quality service standards are maintained and a high level of client satisfaction is achieved at all times.
- Adhere to MSSL clinical protocols and guidelines.
- All service providers to ensure that they strictly adhere to MSI clinical policies and guidelines
- Promote a culture of learning by actively participating in continuous supportive supervision and training.
- Ensure monthly completion and dissemination of clinical record audit.
- Ensure adequate infection prevention and control measures in the work place.
- Ensure adequate pain management for clients.
- Ensure adequate follow-up services in line with clinical guidelines.
- Treat every client with care and empathy. Ensure a non-judgemental approach to client management.
- Uphold reputation of organization through good conduct and interaction with community stakeholder.
- Deliver a high quality services to the community.
- Inform and educate the community, through educational and promotional materials to accept MSSL services.
- Ensure an excellent working relationship with communities.
- Support in the expansion of the MSSL service mix.
- Promote a demedicalised centre environment that is attractive and comfortable to clients.
- Ensure that all audit recommendations are strictly enforced and evidence is provided to support changes in process and procedure.
- Collaborate and participate in the development of communication and promotional plans and activities with the Marketing team.
- Cross-sell and promote integration of SRH services at MSSL Centres.
- Participate and assist in sensitisation and demand generation activities.
- Motivate the community, through educational and promotional means, to accept MSSL services.
- Utilise findings from community level data to inform health promotion interventions.
Recording and reporting
- Support Centre Manager to prepare and submit monthly reports and financial details of the centre performance.
- Ensure that CLIC is used record all client visits.
- Actively participate in preparing relevant narrative reports.
- Maintain stock and bin cards and inform line manager of low stock level or shortages of supplies.
- Assist in maintaining equipment and bring to the attention of the Centre Manager any damage or renewals required.
- Protect and maintain MSSL properties/equipment.
- Follow strict, consistent and documented procedures relating to clients, confidentiality, data protection, working hours, income and expenditure, the management of stock, equipment and assets.
- Ensure compliance to MSI and MSSL set standards and procedures/policies.
- Ensure proper accountability of the MSSL’s finances.
- Work with the Admin and Finance Assistant to maintain accurate records of client receipts on a daily basis and make cash payments into the designated MSSL bank account.
- Maintain records of FP methods and other services provided on a daily basis.
- Maintain records of client needs with a view to improving and extending service delivery. Conduct client exit interviews.
- Maintain MoHS regulations and MSI minimum standards regarding drugs recording and storage.
- Immediately report any breach (or suspected breach) of MSSL policy to the appropriate manager.
- All other duties as reasonably requested by management.
- MSSL HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY TO FRAUD & BRIBERY.
|Experience in a clinical or public health setting (desirable).Clinical experience with an International NGO or Government Medical Facility (desirable).Experience in clinical practice (desirable).Knowledge of quality assurance procedures (desirable).Ability to communicate effectively.Fluency in English and Krio (essential).|
|Qualifications and Training (essential/desirable)|
|Certification in nursing SECHN (essential). Strong administration and IT skills, infection control, lab environment (essential).Infection control, lab environment (desirable).Strong oral, written communication, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills (essential).Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (desirable).Knowledge in the use of clinical equipment (desirable).Knowledge of Quality Assurance procedures (desirable).Computer and IT skills (essential).Excellent customer service skills (essential).|
- Results driven. Motivated and energetic.
- Strong commitment to the goals and vision of MSI and MSSL.
- Strong supporter of the cause for contraception and a woman’s right to safe abortion. (Pro-choice.)
- Passion for service excellence and improving quality
- Strong leadership and management skills; able to effectively build capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skill.
- The highest levels of integrity, and a strong ethical sense.
- Self- managed and able to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Able to develop and articulate a clear strategic vision and operationalise into workplans.
- Willingness to learn, develop and rotate location periodically.
MSI Behaviours and Values
Team Member BehavioursWork as One MSIYou contribute, use, and share accurate data and evidence to improve understanding, insight and decision-making across MSI, enabling us to maximise our ability to influence othersYou share relevant knowledge, expertise and resources to strengthen teamwork and prevent duplication of effortYou actively work as part of a team, providing support and flexibility to colleagues, demonstrating fairness, understanding and respect for all people and cultures.Show courage, authenticity and integrityYou hold yourself accountable for the decisions you make and the behaviours you demonstrateYou are courageous in challenging others and taking appropriate managed risks.Develop and growYou seek feedback to enable greater self-awareness and provide the same to others in a way which inspires them to be even more effectiveYou manage your career development including keeping your knowledge and skills up to date.Deliver excellence, alwaysYou strive to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting clients at the centre of everything, and implement smarter, more efficient ways of performing your roleYou build and maintain effective long-term working relationships with all stakeholders, and are a true MSI ambassador.Leadership (For Leaders only)You inspire individuals and teams, through situational leadership, providing clear directionYou seek and provide opportunities which motivate team members, helping to develop skills and potential whilst strengthening our talent and succession pipelineYou are aware of emerging developments in our sector, demonstrating strategic insight about our clients and business and encourage this in your teamYou articulate a vision of the future which inspires and excites others.
- Mission driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance
- Client centered: We are passionate about our clients and dedicate our efforts to delivering agreed objectives to the highest possible quality
- Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and take responsibility for everything we do to ensure long term sustainability and increased impact
- Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.
CLINK ON LINK BELOW TO APPLY :