Andrew K. Moriba
Relevant Modules: Cost Accounting, Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Financial Reporting, Audit, Taxation, Business Ethics, Business Law, Entrepreneurship, Strategic Planning, Public Finance, Business Mathematics, Research Method.
Relevant Modules: Accounting, Commerce, English Language, Business Mathematics, Statistics, Data Processing, Word Processing, MS – DOS, Business Management, Spread Sheet, Project Writing.
Work & Experience
• Serve as Technical head of the organization’s finance and administration team and support/review project proposal budgets developed by programme unit leaders. • Provide financial guidance in the management of all financial transactions that occurs on daily basis and responsible for donor reporting. • Review monthly /quarterly annual financial report of all projects and also prepare and submit annual consolidated finance and administration report to the National Coordinator. • Review the variance report by monitoring of actual expenditure against budgets to avoid overspending and ensuring that all proposed expenditures are within the budget limits and also ensure and review the preparation on a monthly basis all cashbooks and bank reconciliation statements. • Provide information to queries arising from internal and external audit report. • Authorize all expenditure requests irrespective of the amount. • Undertake detailed checking of the monthly payroll. • Ensure that all taxes are deducted in compliance with the tax law of Sierra Leone and payment made to the commissioner of income tax promptly and also ensure that NASSIT deductions are made in compliance with the labours laws of Sierra Leone and payment effected to the Director-General of NASSIT promptly. • Regular review of the office filling systems. • Participate in staff recruitment, promotion, capacity building, transfer review of terms and conditions of employment, etc. and responsible for the preparation of staff employment contracts. • Preparation of contractual agreements for the supply of goods and services. • To undertake ad-hoc tasks as may be directed by National Coordinator.
• Managed all administrative support activities for FAWE sub-office in Kambia including Finance, HR and Administration. • Responsible for all financial management tasks, including accountancy and bookkeeping, payment of staff salary and reporting for budgets ranging from $800,000 – $1,000,000 in size. • Directed all grant reporting, compliance, and administrative duties for grants from DFID, UNICEF, Jersey Overseas Aid and Vitol Foundation. • Managed all logistic and support functions for Kambia office including procurement and tendering processes. • Responsible for the preparation of all income and payment vouchers including cheques for all income and expenditure transactions in a timely manner and file all correspondences with regard finance. • Ensures that receipts are provided for all expenses incurred and are attached to the respective payment vouchers and neatly filed accordingly. • Responsible for the preparation and updating of fixed asset register. • Management of the office petty cash account on daily basis • Preparation of monthly payroll and payment of staff salaries • Received and thoroughly check all floats retired by field staff to ensure their appropriate correctness before filing. • Closely work with the Programme Manager and Project Officer in the development of project proposals and budgets. • Work closely with the expatriate team, Programme Manager and Project Officer during budget review. • Responsible for donor reporting. • Line-managed office assistant, security guards and support staffs, as well as overseeing HR management, payroll, attendance of project team.
• Provide administrative and logistics support to the organization such as office management, procurement, fleet management, etc. and provide additional support to the Programme and Finance teams as and when required. • Provide IT support services to the organization. This includes overseeing the proper use of all office computers, photocopy machines, etc.; assist staff on the use of computers and train them where necessary; facilitate the repairs and maintenance of computers and accessories with retained technician. Also responsible for backing up of files. • Responsible for HR activities and serves as a replacement whenever a Finance Officer is on leave and also undertake ad-hoc tasks from time to time as may be directed by Line Management.
• Undertakes cashiering activities such as accepting cash payments from CEDA clients during working days; reconcile all cash amounts with cashbook and match with the accounting ledger daily. • Deposit cash in CEDA’s account at servicing bank; assist the Branch Accountant with data entry of repayment information as needed; • Report to the Branch Manager of cash balance on daily basis; maintain filing and documentation as necessary. • Writing of disbursement vouchers and cheques during disbursement of loans to clients and preparation of monthly payroll, vouchers, and payment of staff salaries.
• Responsible for inputting and processing of data obtained from the field during needs assessment and registration and typing of reports and other correspondences and assist the logistics team in the preparation of WFP claims and the Stores Officer in the preparation of stores report. • Responsible for general office administration such as handling and filing of all correspondence, recording, and inputting of relevant administrative data, and all travel bookings (accommodation and flight) for local and expatriate staffs. • Work with the Finance & Admin Manager in preparing annual budget and cash flows on spreadsheet, generally provide support to the programme, finance, and logistics teams as and when required and also maintain and control office Stationery. • Undertakes HR activities such as the management of staff confidential files, work with the Admin & Finance Manager in the recruitment process and supervises the Secretaries, Radio Operator, Office Attendant and Security Guards. • Responsible for the upkeep of the office – good lightening system, furniture, machinery, utilities, communication system, etc.
• Undertakes routine office management task - serving as first point of contact within the office and incoming calls and reception, management of incoming and outgoing posts, filing of administration correspondences, maintain supplies of consumables (e.g. tea, coffee, toilet rows, stamps, etc.), maintain and control office stationery. • Monitor contractual documents for housing, warehouse, vehicles, office, etc. • Manages all HR activities and act as head of office in the absence of expatriate staff. • Responsible for the financial, administrative and logistics management processes - accountancy and bookkeeping, procurement, staff salary payments, preparation of monthly financial reports and supporting documents such as bank statements, receipts, invoices and bank reconciliations and report directly to Head of Mission.