Cranes and Rigging Foreman
Sierra Rutile Limited is looking for qualified candidates for the following position
Cranes and Rigging Foreman
Department: Cranes and Rigging-Engineering
Job Grade/Level: TBC
Reports to: Cranes and Rigging Supervisor
Application Deadline: Monday, 27th May 2019.
Location: Mine Site
Overall Duties and Responsibilities:
To assist the Cranes and Rigging Supervisor in training, rigging and lifting work at all Sierra Rutile Ltd.’s Plant Sites and stand in and take responsibility while the cranes and rigging supervisor is away from site.
- High School leavers certificate (minimum)
- Appropriate certification in the use of rigging and lifting equipment
- Certificate to operate a mobile crane up to 100t
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the work methods, techniques and standards required for rigging operations and mobile crane up to 100t operation.
- Minimum 10 years post trade qualification experience, preferably in a mining environment
- Advantageous Knowledge and Skills:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the work methods and techniques applied in the execution tube and tyre repairs and replacement
- Has the ability to spot anomalies and when things are not right.
- Showing persistent and hard-working effort in doing something
- A predisposition towards the technical field in terms of thinking processes and dexterity
- Numeracy - The mathematical skills needed to cope with everyday life and an understanding of information presented mathematically, e.g. in graphs, charts, or tables
- Skills Transfer - The ability to train national staff in safe rigging and crane operation
- Accuracy - The ability to execute outputs with exactness and precision thereby eliminating errors
- Create lift plans.
- Assist different department safety pre starts with skill transfer in rigging.
- Assist in training of all Riggers on site.
- Assist in training plans and schedules for all mobile crane operators.
- Operate mobile cranes and skill transfer.
- Ensures all cranes are maintained and serviced according to schedule.
Examination of Lifting Devices and Ropes
- Assist in maintaining a recording and inspection system for Plant wide rigging gear.
- Implements lifting gear inspection training for all Riggers on site.
- Carry out lifts in accordance to the lifting plans for all complicated lifting on site. Responsible to train all Riggers and Crane Operators in execution of lifting plans
Environment, Health and Safety:
- Instructs others as appropriate on safety points to observe whilst performing all rigging and crane operations
- Observes all safety and lock-out procedures applicable for safe rigging and crane operation
- Wears appropriate PPE when carrying out a task
- Sound knowledge of all safety aspects related to rigging operations
- Sound knowledge of all statutory safety requirements for rigging gear, mobile, fixed and overhead cranes.
- Assist in all statutory rigging and crane equipment/gear inspections
Please forward your application with Resume/CV to
Human Resources Department Sierra Rutile Limited 110 Wilkinson Road P.O. Box 56, Freetown Or e-mail: email@example.com
On/before close of business Monday, 27th May, 2019,
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted Women are strongly encouraged to apply
This is an EXCLUSIVE job advert, reposting it on other job boards, on online or offline communication channels without the written consent of Careers.sl is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action!