Assistant Project Coordinator (x2)
Role title: Assistant Project Coordinator (x2)
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone
Contract Duration: 12 months
Travel requirements: Frequent travel to the regions including Bo, Makeni, Kono and kenema
Staff managed: Field Liaison and District Field Officers
Deputy Director, Finance Manager, HR & Administration Manager, M&E Manager, Communications/Advocacy Coordinator, Assistant M&E Coordinator and GBV Clinical Coordinator
Rainbo Initiative (RI) is a national NGO that is passionate about ending Sexual Gender-Based Violence in Sierra Leone. We started our work as a project under the International Rescue Committee (IRC) in 2003 and became an independent national NGO in 2014. RI was the first provider of free medical treatment and psychosocial services for survivors of Sexual Gender
Based-Violence (SGBV) in Sierra Leone.
We currently run five Rainbo centres in Bo, Freetown, Kenema, Kono and Makeni. To date we have helped more than 40,000 women and girls who have experienced SGBV. We combine this service with community outreach and national advocacy to ensure that change is systemic and sustainable.
For more information on Rainbo Initiative, please visit: www.rainboinitiative.sl
About the Role:
To support the implementation of donor funded projects on Sexual and Gender Based Violence, we are looking for an Assistant Project Coordinator who has the knowledge and experience to support the Programme Manager in rolling out the projects and effectively manage implementation at all levels, whilst carrying out the main duties listed below, as well as the willingness to
learn and grow within this position. The role will support the management of projects, support implementation and ensure quality reports are generated. The projects are being implemented in five districts to reduce incidences of GBV in communities and provide free medical and free psychosocial support for survivors of GBV. This role is well-suited to an experienced and dynamic individual who is looking to grow their skills and expertise in project management, budgeting and a gender focused, dynamic organisation.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager, the Assistant Project Coordinator will ensure Rainbo project activities are planned, implemented, monitored, and reported in a timely manner. The successful person will assist the Programme Manager to manage and track project budgets, contribute immensely to donor reporting and the designing of new projects. She/he will manage the Field officers and District Field Officers and will work closely with the GBV Clinical Coordinator, Assistant M&E Coordinator and Advocacy/Communications Coordinator to promote the work of Rainbo with quality data in a coordinated manner. The Assistant Project Coordinator will be Rainbo’s safeguarding policy focal point and ensure the safeguarding policy is implemented and strictly followed by all Rainbo’s programme participants (staff, interns, consultants etc.). She/he will supportthe capacity strengthening of Field Officers as and when necessary to enhance quality planning and implementation of activities.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Project planning, coordination, monitoring and implementation
- Lead on project planning, coordination, and implementation Support the field staff to plan and implement project activities in their district of operations. Ensure projects are implemented in a timely manner, track and report progress without compromising quality. In collaboration with the M&E team, monitor activity implementation and provide on the spot support where necessary. Serve as a Safeguarding Focal Manager for the organisation.
Budget Management, tracking and reporting
- Assist the Programme Manager to manage and track project budgets and monitor budget to keep on track
- Collate reports from the field in a timely manner
- Visit program implementation areas as needed to assess quality and appropriateness of activities
- Assist in development of new project budgets.
Partnerships and Collaboration
- Cultivate new partnerships where necessary and report to the Programme Manager for follow ups.
Work closely with partners to ensure collaboration.
Represent Rainbo in strategic engagements as and when required.
Make strategic presentations to partners where necessary.
Conduct trainings for partners and staff on Safeguarding and GBV issues.
Support the Community of Practice (CoP) Admin Assistant to coordinate and report on the CoP activities.
- Assist the Programme Manager in donor reporting and design of new projects
- Collaborate with Advocacy and Communications team for effective communications of programme results
- Liaise with the M&E team to ensure activity plans and results framework are strictly followed and tracked
Other Duties as required
Other duties as required, including occasional work on weekends if needed and any other duties assigned by Senior Management Team(SMT).
Skills and Experience
- Two to Three years’ experience in field work and project implementation.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, including exceptional networking and representation skills at high-level meetings and events.
- Graduate level qualification (Undergraduate degree or Masters).
- Experience developing project budget and private sector relationships and alternative funding strategies, beyond donor-driven funding
- An excellent understanding GBV issues
- Ability to work in a team, including ability to coordinate cross-team collaborations
- Computer literate - competent in the use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A strong personal commitment to the values, aims and strategy of RI
- Experience of working in development in Sierra Leone context.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience of corporate and individual fundraising.
- Ability to train and support staff to understand developing and managing donor relationships and funding.
- Knowledge of using online social media platforms for fundraising, marketing and communications is desirable.
The successful candidate should strive to live RI values.
- Respect - we respect the wishes and choices of our beneficiaries, partners and staff in line with our values. We maintain the dignity of SGBV survivors and facilitate a stronger sense of self-esteem among our staff and beneficiaries
- Integrity - we hold our values in high esteem and always maintain confidentiality in dealing with SGBV survivors. We hold survivors at the centre of everything we do.
- Partnership - we collaborate with government, partners, donors and other stakeholders to improve our work and share best practice with others.
- Accountability -we are accountable, open and transparent to ourselves, beneficiaries, partners and donors for everything we do.
- We use our resources wisely.
- Commitment - we each do our best for Rainbo and for the survivors with whom we work. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.
- Excellence - we work to deliver excellent services and support our staff in their professional development
“RI@PACE” - Rainbo Initiative ending SGBV at pace In addition to our values we hold safeguarding at the centre of our work; we
ensure that our board, staff and partners uphold safeguarding in all that they do. During this strategic plan we will strengthen our approach to safeguarding and ensure that all those we serve, especially children, young people and vulnerable adults, are safeguarded from abuse, harm and neglect.
Note: The role may be filled before the deadline as we will be reviewing applications as they come and interviewing successful candidates.
This is an EXCLUSIVE job advert, reposting it on other job boards, on online or offline communication channels without the written consent of Careers.sl is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action!