Senior Procurement Officer
National Emergency Medical Services is an emergency health project designed and implemented by the Ministry of Health and Sanitation of Sierra Leone with the aim of strengthening Ambulance referrals within the country.
National Emergency Medical Services Intends to hire for this vacant position:
Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Immediate Supervisor: Procurement Manager
He/she is responsible to ensure that procurement unit under his/her management is working on an efficient and effective way ensuring best possible processing of procurement for head office and ensuring a timely review and validation of procurement processes done in country and keep a close contact with all international orders.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The procurement officer will be responsible for the set up and manage the procurement Unit.
- Management of country procurement unit
- Conduct local market analyses to identify market segment and potential suppliers
- Develop a contracting strategy to cover the market categories for identified program needs
- Supports to program staff in the set up and updates of procurement plans for each award and manage the country consolidated master procurement plan keeping it updated and producing procurement function action plan and supply plan.
- Develop procurement strategy in which decentralization versus centralization purchase benefits are evaluated, best contracting strategy is developed and set up, and develop procurement work-plan for the whole country.
- Put in place suppliers lists in link to different market segments, manage sub-contracting risks
- Set up ways of working, procedures, internal control system within the unit
- Manages Field offices expenditures beyond an established threshold ensuring the procurement unit is setting up contracts and serving internal client’s needs.
- Lead big volume or complex procurement processes on behalf of Field office.
- Ensure an internal review and validation mechanism is in place for procurement processes managed at field office level to strengthen compliance and reduce risks for the organization.
- Lead the roll out of the procurement manual in the country.
- Ensure in country procurement tracker is regularly updated and Data are accurate.
- Ensure procurement tracker of international procurement is updated regularly and data are accurate and precise
- Produce monthly summaries and monitoring the function with KPIs.
- Run regular analysis over prices, suppliers usage and performance, over adherence to procurement plans
- Encourage procurement team in field location to have regular meetings with programme to update Procurement plan.
Providing procurement ad hoc support
- In coordination with stores officer, provides support to field offices in complex procurement processes by supporting in the expression of the needs and in providing technical support on best way to handle procurement processes.
- Visit field office to provide support, coaching to other departments on procurement processes.
- Review procurement files and make sure that all procurement adhere to NEMS procurement standard, provide feedback and recommendations for improvements in field offices.
- Induct new key staff on procurement processes and how to strengthen collaboration with internal clients.
- The procurement Unit will be responsible for running tenders and submit to IFRCS Logistics Delegate Unit the relevant documentation for review and validation.
- Ensure management of all procurement contracts in the Head quarter, monitoring of specific contracts.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities of procurement committee members are known and people adhere to it.
- Review procurement waivers and ensure that they are compliant prior to submitting to the required person for approval.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling NEMS values
Honest, encourages openness and transparency, holds high ethical standards and set example of integrity.
Displays consistent excellent judgement
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Logistics and Procurement management with practical experience in supply chain management
- At least 2 years procurement management level experience in logistics in the INGO or corporate sector, within complex/large scale country programmes and in emergency response/humanitarian environments. Private sector experience will be evaluated, but a minimum experience in INGO sector is highly advisable.
- Experience in running complex and high volume procurement processes and in high volume with contracts negotiation skills.
- Experience in procurement management in Sierra Leone market is an advantage
- Experience in managing both goods and services categories in order to serve multi-sectorial projects especially from Health sector.
- Experience working with large institutional donors and knowledge of their rules and regulations
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Experience in development and implementation of efficient procurement systems, policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Native or high level proficiency in English
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity
- Able to prioritize and work with limited supervision , self-motivated, resilient to stress
To apply, please send your application (a mandatory cover letter and an updated CV with at least 3 references) to the following email address: email@example.com
NEMS Head Office
49j Spur Road, Freetown
IMPORTANT NOTE: Only email applications sent to the above email address will be included in the pool of applicants to be assessed by NEMS.
Deadline for sending application: October 28, 2020
This is an EXCLUSIVE job advert, reposting it on other job boards, on online or offline communication channels without the written consent of Careers.sl is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action!