Work Area: Freetown, Sierra Leone
Employer: Grow Salone
Reporting To: Lead Trainer
Application Deadline: 22nd October 2020
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone. Open to all nationalities.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Instructions: Submit CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org With “Trainer” In Subject Line.
Grow Salone is a training and recruitment start-up committed to developing human capital. We train university graduates and in-service employees to be more productive, efficient and reliable in the workplace.
Our purpose is to drive the economic growth of tomorrow by investing in future generations today., and we are on a mission to supply 1,250 skilled recruits into the 5 English-speaking West African countries per year by 2030.
To deliver the training content of our programmes to trainees. This involves the administrative and observational side of training, as well as any logistical and operational work that may be involved in setting up the training space or materials as well as reporting on the progress and performance of trainees.
- Co-facilitate trainings in collaboration with Lead Trainer.
- Collect, input and review attendance, observational evaluations and other data related to projects and student progress.
- Provide support in research, planning, organising and conducting training programs, seminars, and conferences.
- Confer with Lead Trainer and Head of Training to determine training needs as to type, extent and scope, schedules and procedures.
- Assist with material preparation for new training programs; reviews, evaluates, and modifies existing and proposes programs, and recommended appropriate changes.
- Administers and evaluates training program qualification tests and determines eligibility of prospective trainees.
- Analyse existing systems and prepare recommendations and objectives for study and approval.
- Compile findings, data, forms, etc., and analyse results to determine advantages of systems revisions and prepare evaluation report.
- Prepare and distribute training aids such as instructional material, handouts, evaluation forms, and visual aids; sets up audio-visual equipment and makes presentations when necessary.
- Liaise with trainees on all training related discussions.
- Schedules the appropriate spaces and prepares the physical setup.
- Complete other assignment as requested within the parameters of the position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education.
- A minimum of a three year experience working in leading trainings.
- Experience in monitoring trainee progress and guiding learning and development strategies.
Qualities and Skills
- Strong understanding of a wide array of Sierra Leone’s youth development strategies and engagement strategies.
- Excellent facilitation, consensus-building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Self-starter with an enterprising nature.
- Resilient and hardworking.
- Professional self-presentation.
This is an EXCLUSIVE job advert, reposting it on other job boards, on online or offline communication channels without the written consent of Careers.sl is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action!