Street Child & MoRRD of Sierra Leone are partnering with Save the Children to implement a three-year project which seeks to ensure that Very Young Adolescent (VYA) and Older Adolescent (OA) girls are able to decide their own future and fulfil their equal human rights, including decisions on marriage, in Sierra Leone. The project is implemented in Western Area Rural where there will be a Project Manager and four (4) community mobilization officers. The project Manager will work closely with Save the Children’s Project Coordinator and will be responsible for coordinating all project implementation activities under SCoSL’s & MoRRD mandate and responsibilities. This position reports directly to Programmes and Donor Compliance Director, but very closely with Save the Children’s Reducing Child Early & Forced Marriage project team.
- Bachelors Degree in social sciences with a minimum 5 years’ experience in the area Project Management
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in implementing community projects relating to children and adolescents
- Knowledge of key SRH issues affecting adolescents, barriers to services, and experience with implementing activities to increase their access to SRH knowledge and services.
- Solid understanding of the root causes and contributing factors to adolescent pregnancy and early marriage in Sierra Leone, in particular those related to social, cultural and gender norms.
- Excellent facilitation skills; experience in organizing and providing trainings for different audiences, including adolescents, using participatory methodologies.
- Fluency written and spoken English, ability to write clear and well-structured reports.
- Ability to plan and organize work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; experience engaging government agencies, traditional stakeholders, and community leaders, as well as more marginalized groups.
- Computer skills: Ms Words, Excel and Power Point
- Experience working with INGOs and Managing Similar Projects.
- Experience in integrating gender issues into programming.
- Experience working directly with very young adolescents.
- Knowledge of relevant national policies, legislation, strategies, and programmes on SRH.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Closing Date:22nd October, 2020
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
- Candidates should apply through the links that will be provided by Careers.sl.
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
- Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document and include your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.
SCoSL & MoRRD has Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies in Place, and is committed to the protection of vulnerable children and adults
WOMEN, AND PERSONS LIVING WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
This is an EXCLUSIVE job advert, reposting it on other job boards, on online or offline communication channels without the written consent of Careers.sl is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action!