Street Child of Sierra Leone (SCoSL) is partnering with Save the Children to implement a three-year project which seeks to ensure that Very Young Adolescent (VYA) and Older Adolescent (OA) girls are able to decide their own future and fulfil their equal human rights, including decisions on marriage, in Sierra Leone. The project is implemented in Western Area Rural where there will be a Project Manager and four (4) community mobilization officers.
The Finance Officer will ensure efficient use and management of financial resources in line with approved budget. H/she will also ensure and timely and accurate donor reports with all supporting documents required. The Finance Officer will work slosely with the Project Manager and Programmes Director, with direct supervision from Street Child’s Head of Finance.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance related Field
- Knowledge in the use of Computer: MS word and Excel
- Minimum of three years’ experience in related field
- Ability to work in a Team
- Experience in working with a Non – Governmental Organization
- Knowledge in the use of Accounting Software such as QuickBooks
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, and training/facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently and resourceful, proactive in identifying and addressing challenges, yet consulting and asking for assistance as needed/relevant.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project communities and stay in basic conditions.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Closing Date:22nd October, 2020
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
- Candidates should apply through the links that will be provided by Careers.sl.
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
- Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document and include your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.
SCoSL & MoRRD has Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies in Place, and is committed to the protection of vulnerable children and adults
WOMEN, AND PERSONS LIVING WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
This is an EXCLUSIVE job advert, reposting it on other job boards, on online or offline communication channels without the written consent of Careers.sl is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action!