Logistics Assistant (Fleet, Asset & Warehouse)
Note that all applicants should apply through the following links below (Taleo & Relief Web).
- Taleo links
- Relief web links
As an integral member of Save the Children’s operation team in Pujehun field office, your role will be to aid the Supply Chain Officer in supporting the delivery of programs and other operational functions such as Fleet management, the safe transportation of staff, partners, visitors and as stipulated in the fleet management policy. You will also be responsible for the effective administration and management of SCI Assets and Warehouse systems in the field office in compliance with the organization’s Asset and Warehouse policies both in emergencies and development programming contexts.
The post holder must recognise that he/she is often seen as the public face of the organisation and so will be expected to behave in a suitable manner.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Diploma/Certificate in a related field (Logistics, Stores/Warehouse Management, Fleet Management)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Prior experience (1 year) in logistics, fleet management, warehouse management or related.
- Experience in fleet transport/distribution, warehousing, stock and/or asset management.
- Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts.
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, depending on the program and operational demands.
- Demonstrated integrity and credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization and outside of the organisation as relevant.
- Leadership and teambuilding skills, including the ability to supervise and motivate teams; ability to negotiate conflicting demands in a calm and patient manner.
- Very good written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills in English.
- Ability to coach and delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff; and to ask for help and guidance as relevant.
- Competent level skills in core IT applications, particularly MS Office and Warehouse Inventory Management Software(s), Vehicle GPS Tracking Software – or willingness to learn.
- High level of commitment to the principles of development and to the organizational and programmatic goals of Save the Children International.
- Technical experience/ certified training in any areas related to fleet management, asset management or warehouse management are an added advantage
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Closing Date: 20th October, 2020
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
- Candidates should apply through the links that will be provided.
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
- Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document and include your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
This is an EXCLUSIVE job advert, reposting it on other job boards, on online or offline communication channels without the written consent of Careers.sl is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action!