Freetown, (50 % Freetown and 50% Regional Offices)
Sierra Leone Social Marketing and Development Agency (SLaDA)
Reporting to Programme Manager with dotted lines to the National Director. The main role of the M&E Officer is to act as a Focal Person in the area of M&E as well as maintaining collecting, compiling, analysing and documenting relevant programme data / information on program activities carried out in all operational areas.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
JOB RESPONSIBILITY#1: To lead the building up of the M&E such as standard M&E plan , Result Logic/Framework, reporting formats, data collection tools to monitor and evaluate the overall performance and of the condom social marketing and BCC components.
- Read and understand program performance indicators and activities
- Adapt appropriate M&E plan and reporting formats
- Categorize indicators and their means of verification.
- Adapt data collection tools and set data base for all condom social marketing and BCC activities.
- Proactively and timely update database and tools
JOB RESPONSIBILITY#2: To provide technical M&E assistance to strengthen all program activities especially the linkages of wholesalers and retailers and prepare appropriate M&E plan, collecting evidence from the activities implemented.
- Take lead in routine project data collection, analysis and reporting
- Identify gaps in the implementation of activities, develop modules and facilitate sessions on program quality standards during trainings.
- Coach Regional marketing officers and sales support staff on M&E framework, documents and how to use database application and management.
- Organize field trips to ensure SLaDA M&E in on schedule.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY#3: Draft compliance monitoring tools to track compliance with programmatic conditions and report deviations as soon as it is identified.
- Draft checklist to monitor activities and observe best practices from regional program staff.
- Carry out routine geographical mapping of traditional and non traditional sales outlets in terms of qualifying areas of product access, availability while confirming teams’ adherence with the principles of personal selling among its respective partners.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY#4: Contribute to knowledge management, learning and documentation as required in standard M&E practice.
- Draft terms of reference for evaluation consultants, data collectors and in putters.
- Supervises data collection exercises, data entry and analysis
- Create folders and file all relevant documents and materials relating to IEC, trainings participants list segregated by gender.
- Consolidate activity plans prepared by all regional operational staff and their subsequent verification means.
- Share M&E documents with other partners and colleagues upon approval by supervisor.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY#5: Collect, compile, and analyze the data / information of field activities and consolidate progress reports, in collaboration with the Programme Manager
- Facilitate the submission of progress reports for BCC/IEC interventions and condoms sales.
- Verify all reports submitted from the field and compare targets with achievements to identify gaps in the reports.
- Input all program report into a consolidated database and analyse.
- Together with the Social Marketing Operations Manager compile monthly reports for the attention of MOHS/MOFED/SLANGO on condom social marketing and Behaviour change communications.
- Take leadership in compiling data for program newsletters for editing by Executive Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for Data entry and analysis and guidance to SLaDA on issues of monitoring and evaluation based on interpretation of data. Monitoring and Evaluation Officer must have:
- Degree in Statistics, Social Sciences or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience specifically data analysis and research
- Previous experience of writing reports, preferably for International donors
- Ability to conduct Data Analysis using SPSS or EXCEL
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Previous experience of conducting quantitative and qualitative surveys
- Experience in health program especially HIV/AIDS and Reproductive Health
Applications with most recent curriculum vitae and names and email addresses of three (3) referees, one of which should be applicant’s previous supervisor and should reach the following people not later than Friday 4th December, 2020 at 17:00 hrs
v The National Director, SLaDA, 11 Old Railway Line, Wilberforce, Freetown,
v Or send by email to: email@example.com
v Hand delivery copies are also encouraged. You can deliver your application at the SLaDA office at 11 Old Railway Line, Wilberforce, Freetown.
Please include contact telephone number(s). Please note that it is a requirement for all interested candidates to apply by using the employment registration card issued by the Ministry of Employment, Social Security and Industrial Relation (commonly known as Ministry of Labour). Kindly deliver a separate a copy of your applications and curriculum vitas with the Ministry.
SLaDA provides equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate in employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, tribe, gender or age.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
This is an EXCLUSIVE job advert, reposting it on other job boards, on online or offline communication channels without the written consent of Careers.sl is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action!