Social Marketing and Operations Program Manager
Social Marketing and Operations Program Manager
Freetown, Sierra Leone
Sierra Leone Social Marketing and Development Agency (SLaDA)
Reporting to the National Director, the SMOP Manager will have overall management and operational responsibility for SLaDA’s program portfolio. S/he will ensure that SLaDA program are designed, implemented, monitored & Evaluated and learning documented and shared, in accordance with high quality standards. S/he will initially develop deep knowledge of operating context, efficient completion of ongoing Social Marketing and BCC activities under the HIV/AIDS Prevention Program and any other projects/programs implemented by SLaDA.
The Social Marketing and Operations Program manager will lead in fund mobilization and proposal design and ensure quality programme implementation at all levels lasing with the National Director. The SMOP Manager will directly support the following positions: M/E Officer, BCC Officers and Sales Representatives.
The Incumbent will work closely with the National AIDS Secretariat, CARE International, the Private sector commercial distribution networks and companies especially wholesalers, Media houses, Ministry of Health and Sanitation, civil society organizations and network with other relevant government ministries.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility # 1: Staff management and Development
- Implement performance management system and performance review, feedback, coaching, and annual evaluation to ensure effective performance of all direct reports ,
- Develop and maintain team spirit among programme staff and create space which allows staff to develop and innovate
- Make sure that problems related to personnel under his/her supervision are processed in accordance with SLaDA procedures and Sierra Leone law
Job Responsibility # 2: Program Implementation & quality assurance
- Lead participatory planning and implementation strategy development to provide quality Technical Assistance and Management of all programme focal staff
- Take lead in all programe narrative reports
- Take lead in fund mobilization and proposal writing
- Develop participatory and appropriate program implementation strategies meeting SLaDA objectives
- Ensure implementation, monitoring and evaluation plans/reports, in particular commodities distribution, media impact and KAP surveys are prepared and undertaken in a timely manner by BCC Officers and M/E Lead.
- Ensure the availability of condoms (Male and Female),contraceptives, other health commodities and communication materials at all times i.e at both main warehouses and regional stores
Job Responsibility # 3: Program Design, Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management.
- Supervise the development of all M/E tools and ensure accurate data collection, analysis and reporting by the M/E Officer
- Conduct regular meetings with staff (and partners) to track annual objectives and target progress
- Review all program progress reports submitted by the BCC Officers and M/E Officer and ensure submission to the National Director for further review and approval
- Visit and organize program interventions visit in the field for visitors if required
- Ensure that lessons learned are documented shared and used for new business development
Job Responsibility # 4: Program Budget management
- Administer program expenditures budgets and review cash projections-
- Review expenditure requests submitted by programme staff in accordance with SLaDA policies and procedures
- Prepare and monitor program activities and procurement requests according to procurement policies and procedures
Job Responsibility # 5: Develop and maintain partner relations
- Lead the establishment, strengthening and functioning of a strong, effective and coordinated quality health commodities and services private sector distribution network and communications strategy.
- Develop and maintain positive, constructive relationships with National Aid Secretariat, Ministry of Health and Sanitation (MOHS), Private sector agencies including Wholesalers, NGOs active in health sector, donor and other partners
- Represent SLaDA at the various sector coordination meetings as necessary
- Advanced degree preferably in Marketing, Public Health, Development, communication for development with at least 5 years project management including monitoring and evaluation experience
- Excellence in program management with the ability to manage field staff and develop high performance teams, set and achieve project objectives, and manage a budget
- Proven experience funds mobilization and proposal writing and budget development
- Strong social marketing, and behaviours change communication experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Passion, integrity, positive attitude, result-oriented
- Sound knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues and policies
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation, co-ordination, and team work, Ability and willingness to work effectively with the GoSL national and local authorities.
- Strong analytical skills (including policy analysis) and strategic / conceptual thinking – ability to analyze information and to produce analytical / logical coherent reports / paper
- Good computer skills in word processing, excel and spread sheet
- Good knowledge on the National private sector partnership strategy for sales and distribution of health products and services.
Applications with most recent curriculum vitae and names and email addresses of three (3) referees, one of which should be applicant’s previous supervisor and should reach the following people not later than Friday 4th December, 2020 at 17:00 hrs
v The National Director, SLaDA, 11 Old Railway Line, Wilberforce, Freetown,
v Or send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
v Hand delivery copies are also encouraged. You can deliver your application at the SLaDA office at 11 Old Railway Line, Wilberforce, Freetown.
Please include contact telephone number(s). Please note that it is a requirement for all interested candidates to apply by using the employment registration card issued by the Ministry of Employment, Social Security and Industrial Relation (commonly known as Ministry of Labour). Kindly deliver a separate a copy of your applications and curriculum vitas with the Ministry.
SLaDA provides equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate in employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, tribe, gender or age.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
This is an EXCLUSIVE job advert, reposting it on other job boards, on online or offline communication channels without the written consent of Careers.sl is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action!