Head of Monitoring
Job Title: Head of Monitoring
Reports To: General Manager
Liaises With: ILCUF Ltd. staff as required
Contract Details: 1 year contract (3 months’ probation)
The Irish League of Credit Unions Foundation (ILCUF) Ltd. is a Sierra Leone registered organisation which provides financial and technical assistance to Sierra Leone credit unions (financial cooperative organisations), NaCCUA (the Sierra Leone credit union Apex body) and relevant government authorities. In its work ILCUF Ltd. adheres to a Code of Conduct that sets out the ethical principles of its work in the country and its commitment to the highest standards of openness, transparency and accountability; its nature of work is apolitical, secular, democratic and non-discriminatory.
The Monitoring Department in ILCUF Ltd. works closely with NaCCUA and the relevant government authorities to ensure all affiliated credit unions are operating in accordance with generally accepted best practice for credit unions and all approved Sierra Leone policies and procedures and regulations.
Main Purpose of Job: through leading and managing the work of the Monitoring Department, ensure the effective monitoring of credit unions in Sierra Leone for them to achieve a high standard of operations and attain their strategic goals.
The Head of Monitoring (HM) will manage a team of Monitoring Officers, located across Sierra Leone. The duties of the Head of Monitoring (HM) shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Ensure recommendations provided by the Monitoring Department are aligned with NaCCUA credit union and credit union movement strategies.
- Provide input to ILCUF Ltd. senior management and NaCCUA in relation to improving the effectiveness of the credit union monitoring strategy.
- Analyse and summarise monitoring reports to inform decision-making and feedback given to CUs.
- Ensure monitoring targets are set and achieved.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Monitoring Officers.
- Ensure Monitoring Officers set work plans and achieve targets.
Management and Supervision
- Ensure effective working relationships are maintained with credit unions, ILCUF Ltd.
management team, NaCCUA and external stakeholders, including credit union regulators and members and local communities.
- Provide in full all required reports on monitoring work and credit union performance to the General Manager in a timely manner, ensuring their high quality.
Finance and Accounting
- Effectively interpret credit union financial statements and financial ratios.
- Ensure the monitoring budget is managed effectively.
- Undertake other related duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Degree in relevant field - preferably in accounting, finance or other related professional fields. Desirable
- Masters in relevant field - preferably in accounting, finance or other related professional fields.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
Experience, Skills, Aptitude or Personality
- Experience managing a team, preferable both in person and via remote working arrangements
- Experience in accounting and financial management
- Excellent computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Excellent analysis and interpretation skills of financial and non-financial information
- Ability to transfer knowledge to others
- Ability to work to one’s own initiative
- Ability to work as a part of the team, with some of the team working remotely
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel within and outside Freetown to credit unions occasionally
- Fluent in written and spoken English, spoken Krio and knowledge of other local languages is an added advantage.
- Strong sense of ethics and a commitment to work in an open, transparent and accountable manner
- Experience working in a financial institution in the area of bookkeeping, accounting or finance.
- Strong commitment to poverty reduction through community, cooperative and voluntary initiative.
- Familiar with credit unions and cooperatives.
Application should be submitted to: Mr. Solomon Mwongyere, General Manager. Email: email@example.com Applications should include:
CV; and - Cover Letter.
Application deadline is 30 November 2020.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in the assignment. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- ILCUF Ltd. is committed to acting professionally and fairly in all of its dealings and relationships, employing the highest standards of openness, transparency and accountability and takes a zero-tolerance approach to fraud, bribery and corruption.
- ILCUF Ltd. follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all especially women and people living with disability.
This is an EXCLUSIVE job advert, reposting it on other job boards, on online or offline communication channels without the written consent of Careers.sl is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action!