Job Title: Monitoring Officer (MO) (four positions)
Location Freetown; Port Loko Town; Bo; and Kailahun Town.
Reports To: Head of Monitoring
Liaises With: ILCUF Ltd. staff as required
Contract Details: 1 year contract (3 months’ probation)
The Irish League of Credit Unions Foundation (ILCUF) Ltd. is a Sierra Leone registered organisation which provides financial and technical assistance to Sierra Leone credit unions (financial cooperative organisations), NaCCUA (the Sierra Leone credit union Apex body) and relevant government authorities. In its work ILCUF Ltd. adheres to a Code of Conduct that sets out the ethical principles of its work in the country and its commitment to the highest standards of openness, transparency and accountability; its nature of work is apolitical, secular, democratic and non-discriminatory.
The Monitoring Department in ILCUF Ltd. works closely with NaCCUA and the relevant government authorities to ensure all affiliated credit unions are operating in accordance with generally accepted best practice for credit unions and all approved Sierra Leone policies and procedures and regulations.
Main Purpose of Job: Monitor performance of credit unions in Sierra Leone by collecting, verifying and compiling credit union level data and offering suitable recommendations for improving credit union performance.
Monitoring Officers will conduct regular visits to credit unions. The duties of the Monitoring Officer (MO) shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
Understanding and appreciation of policies, procedures, financial information and reports
- Know, understand and appreciate written policies, procedures, financial information, plans and reports.
Information Gathering and Compilation
- Collect and verify information on credit union performance using standardised tools and accounting software.
- Review bookkeeping and accounting records for completeness and integrity.
- Analyse operational and financial reports and documentation, offering appropriate solutions to deal with any weaknesses identified in consultation with Head of Monitoring.
Communication and Follow-up
- Present and explain recommendations and analysis reports to credit union staff and leaders, in a constructive and supportive manner.
- Follow-up with credit union staff and leaders in relation to recommendations.
- Provide in full all required reports on monitoring work and credit union performance to the Head of Monitoring in a timely manner, ensuring they are free from error to the extent possible.
- Provide feedback to Head of Monitoring on the effectiveness of the monitoring system.
- Liaise with ILCUF Ltd. Training Officer on credit union training needs.
Reporting and Liaising
- Undertake other related duties as assigned by the Head of Monitoring.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- Diploma in relevant field - preferably in accounting, finance or other related professional fields.
- Degree in relevant field - preferably in accounting, finance or other related professional fields.
Experience, Skills, Aptitude or Personality
- Experience in accounting and financial management.
- Excellent computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Excellent analysis and interpretation skills of financial and non-financial information.
- Ability to transfer knowledge to others.
- Ability to work to one’s on initiative.
- Ability to work as a part of the team, even while working remotely.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel frequently to credit unions.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, spoken Krio and knowledge of other local languages is an added advantage.
- Non-Freetown only: Strong motor-bike rider with a valid driving license, or willingness to learn.
- Experience working in a financial institution in the area of bookkeeping, accounting or finance.
- Strong commitment to poverty reduction through community, cooperative and voluntary initiative.
- Familiar with credit unions and cooperatives.
Application should be submitted to: Mr. Solomon Mwongyere, General Manager. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include: - CV; and Cover Letter, including the location where you would like to be based.
Application deadline is 30 November 2020.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in the assignment. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- ILCUF Ltd. is committed to acting professionally and fairly in all of its dealings and relationships, employing the highest standards of openness, transparency and accountability and takes a zero-tolerance approach to fraud, bribery and corruption.
- ILCUF Ltd. follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all especially women and people living with disability.
This is an EXCLUSIVE job advert, reposting it on other job boards, on online or offline communication channels without the written consent of Careers.sl is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action!