Training Officer (TO)
Reports To: General Manager.
Liaises With: ILCUF Ltd. staff as required
Contract Details: 1 year contract (3 months’ probation)
The Irish League of Credit Unions Foundation (ILCUF) Ltd. is a Sierra Leone registered organisation which provides financial and technical assistance to Sierra Leone credit unions (financial cooperative organisations), NaCCUA (the Sierra Leone credit union Apex body) and relevant government authorities. In its work ILCUF Ltd. adheres to a Code of Conduct that sets out the ethical principles of its work in the country and its commitment to the highest standards of openness, transparency and accountability; its nature of work is apolitical, secular, democratic and non-discriminatory.
Main Purpose of Job: Delivery and facilitate trainings for credit union staff, leaders and members in topics including credit union operation and financial literacy.
The duties of the Training Officer (TO) shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
Adult Training Delivery
- Facilitate trainings for adults using training materials.
- Create annual training plans.
- Identify training needs, including training needs assessments and develop skills development plans for trainees.
- Design training plans and develop of context specific training material.
- Adjust developed training materials based upon trainees needs.
Training Material Development
Logistics and Budgeting
- Make logistical arrangements for all trainings, both in Freetown and across the country.
Monitoring and Evaluation
Monitor training effectiveness by developing and implementing training monitoring and evaluating systems.
Communication and Liaising
- Present and liaise with credit unions in relation to training needs and plans.
- Liaise with consultants in relation to training material development and training delivery.
- Liaise with ILCUF Ltd. Head of Monitoring on credit union training needs.
- Provide regular reports on training work to the General Manager.
- Undertake other related duties as assigned by the General Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Adult Education, or a related field
Experience, Skills, Aptitude or Personality
- Minimum 3 years of experience in delivering adult training.
- Knowledge of adult training theories and participatory methods.
- Excellent computers skills (e.g. Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel).
- Professional manner.
- Ability to work unsupervised and proactively on own initiative
- Ability to develop effective relationships with others
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel frequently to credit unions across Sierra Leone.
- Strong spoken skills in Krio and knowledge of other local languages is an added advantages.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Experience training illiterate and innumerate adults.
- Experience working in training related to financial institutions.
- Strong commitment to poverty reduction through community, cooperative and voluntary initiative.
- Familiar with credit unions and cooperatives.
Application should be submitted to: Mr. Solomon Mwongyere, General Manager. Email: email@example.com
Applications should include: CV; and - Cover Letter.
Application deadline is 30 November 2020.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in the assignment. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- ILCUF Ltd. is committed to acting professionally and fairly in all of its dealings and relationships, employing the highest standards of openness, transparency and accountability and takes a zero-tolerance approach to fraud, bribery and corruption.
- ILCUF Ltd. follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all especially women and people living with disability.
This is an EXCLUSIVE job advert, reposting it on other job boards, on online or offline communication channels without the written consent of Careers.sl is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action!