The Role: Field Manager
Save the Children International (SCI) is looking for energetic and hard-working women and men to serve as Field Manager at the Country Office. If you have a passion for children, and you wish to be part of a dynamic team supporting development in Sierra Leone, then we look forward to your application! Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Field Manager will be responsible for the management of the Pujehun Field Base. He/she will work closely together with the programme and support department leads; and will report to the Director of Programme Operations. The Field Manager will be responsible for overseeing operations and programme implementation in Pujehun. The Field Manager will be expected to lead on all aspects of managing the field based including budget and programme management, agency coordination and representation, security, logistics and management of multiple teams. The post holder will also play a key role in building capacity at field level, and in the effective management of Save the Children emergency responses in the district.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
FOR NATIONALS ONLY
Note that all applicants should apply through the following links below (Taleo & Relief Web).
- Taleo Link
- Relief web Link
- Undergraduate Degree in any of the Social Science or Development Studies
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- At least 3 years’ management experience, preferably across multiple programmes and departments.
- Experience working in emergency response context
- Budget management experience including both institutional and private donors
- Experience managing multiple teams across both programme and support sectors.
- Security management experience
- Experience in engagement with government and stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated understanding of gender equality, disability, and inclusion; and ability to integrate these into one’s personal work and in managing others.
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation, beneficiary accountability, and learning
- Excellent communication skills; strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- A high level of written and spoken English; experience writing reports and other external documents.
- Capacity and willingness to be flexible in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
- Commitments to the aims and principles of SC, with particular a focus on the rights of children
- Media trained or significant experience with media
- Experience managing projects in remote areas with weak infrastructure.
- Fluent in local language (Mende)
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Closing Date: 26th May, 2021
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
- Candidates should apply through the link that will be provided by Careers.sl.
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
- Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document and include your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
This is an EXCLUSIVE job advert, reposting it on other job boards, on online or offline communication channels without the written consent of Careers.sl is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action!