Logistics & Admin Assistant
Note that all applicants should apply through the following links below (Taleo & Relief Web).
- Taleo Link
- Relief web Link
The Role: Logistics & Admin Assistant
Save the Children International (SCI) is looking for energetic and hard-working women and men to serve as Logistics & Admin Assistant at the Moyamba Satellite office. If you have a passion for children, and you wish to be part of a dynamic team supporting development in Sierra Leone, then we look forward to your application! Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Role: The Logistics & Admin Assistant will support the Moyamba Satellite office functions, and will work closely with the Assistant Financial Accountant, Programme Manager, and other team members. He/she will be based in the Moyamba Satellite Office. The post-holder will be responsible for basic logistics and admin functions, which include (but not limited to): fleet management; office stores, maintenance and repair; and other tasks as required. The satellite office will be fully supported by the HR and procurement teams in coordination for all HR and procurement issues respectively. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
The post- holder will support to implement Save the Children recently funded project from the Sierra Rutile Limited – International Finance Corporation (SRL-IFC) Advisory Program on agriculture under a consultancy contract. The project will run for approximately one year in six villages namely (Gangama, Lungi, Junctiola, Higima, Matagelema, Saahun) within the Bonthe & Moyamba Districts. To support the implementation of this project, Save the Children is establishing a small satellite office in Moyamba District headquarters, to be shared with Action Against Hunger.
- Diploma/Certificate in a related field (Logistics, Stores/Warehouse Management, Fleet Management)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 2 years of experience working in administrative or logistical or related functions.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel; and managing emails.
- Excellent secretarial / organizational Skills including file management.
- Good English writing and verbal skills.
- Licenses motorbike rider (or willing to learn)
- Must be willing to work in a remote field location with weak infrastructure and services
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to engage people at all levels positively.
- Experience of organising meetings and other events.
- Previous experience with an INGO
- Knowledge of relevant local language is an added advantage.
- Previous experience in managing stores or warehouses is an added advantage.
Previous experience in vehicle and/or motorcycle maintenance and/or fleet management
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Closing date: 26th May, 2021
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately cancelled.
Please apply in English using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations for the role.
- Candidates should apply using the link provided by Careers.sl for the job advert
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
This is an EXCLUSIVE job advert, reposting it on other job boards, on online or offline communication channels without the written consent of Careers.sl is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action!