Request for Tender
Request for Tender for SEND Sierra Leone 2020 External
Audit Background of SEND Sierra Leone
SEND-SL is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) with a vision is to see a Sierra Leone where people's rights and well-being are guaranteed. SEND works to promote good governance, voice, accountable essential services, and equality for women and men in Sierra Leone. We liaise with communities, traditional authorities, government institutions, and partners to combine resources to develop innovative solutions to alleviate poverty and enhance quality self-reliance. SEND-SL's intervention districts are Kailahun, Kenema, Kono, Western Area Rural, Western Area Urban, Bonthe, and most recently, expansion to the district of Bo.
Objectives of the External Audit Tenders are invited to provide external audit services for SEND Sierra Leone for the 2020 financial year. SEND’s financial year runs from 1st January to 31st December.
The following are the specific objectives of the audit services required
• The auditors express an independent professional opinion on SEND's financial position and ensure that the funds utilized for SEND’s activities have been used for their intended purposes.
• The books of accounts of SEND provide the basis for the preparation of the SEND’s Financial Statements.
• To ensure that the proper books of accounts that are required by law are maintained by SEND and also maintain adequate internal controls and supporting documentation for all financial transactions Scope of the Audit
• The audit will be carried out according to international audit standards.
• Verify if all funds have been used in accordance with the established rules and regulations of SEND Sierra Leone.
• Whether goods, services and works have been financed and procured in accordance with rules and procedures of SEND Sierra Leone
• Verify if all supporting documents, books of accounts and all records have been kept
• Financial statement of SEND is prepared according to applicable accounting standards and reflects the correct financial positions of the organization.
• Assess internal controls of the organization to monitor expenditure and other transactions of the organization.
• Express opinion on the reasonableness of the financial statement in all respects.
• Express an opinion on compliance with procedures
• Conduct entry and exit meetings with the Country Director
• Prepare a management letter for the organization.
The following documents must be submitted:
A technical proposal, which should include:
• A brief methodology on how the assignment will be approached concerning the specification in the ToR.
• A rationale of your suitability to the role, including experience in similar jobs and evidence of similar work.
• A financial proposal that includes a work plan and daily rate.
• A curriculum vitae from the lead consultant, and any other team members that will assist in the assignment.
• Submit sample of previous work relevant for the assignment
• Provide referees with all the necessary contact information.
• A conflict of interest statement.
• The contract will be an initial 3-year period and will be subject to annual appointment.
• The audit work for 2020 shall be completed within four weeks from the date of commencement of the audit.
• Submit five 5 (five) original copies of the Audit Report appended to the Financial Statements along with the reports to the attention of the Country Director.
• Management letter in accordance with the scope of work described here before.
Closing date for applications: 23:59 (GMT) on 30th June 2021. Application submitted after the stated date and time will not be accepted. All qualified firms are encouraged to apply.
This is an EXCLUSIVE job advert, reposting it on other job boards, on online or offline communication channels without the written consent of Careers.sl is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action!