Career with BRAC International
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realize their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
About the Programme:
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create a positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
There is mounting urgency to support adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) living in poverty, which has been further amplified by the global pandemic. Through this partnership, scalable economic development approaches will be delivered in communities to foster the agency and voice of AGYW. They will have the opportunity to fulfill their aspirations, achieve sustainable livelihoods, and engage in advocacy issues.
BRAC International will implement an integrated and holistic model to address the various life cycles of a young woman living in poverty, ensuring she is able to transition safely from adolescence to adulthood. She will be equipped with the appropriate skills, tools, and access to finance to effectively exercise her agency and build a fulfilling and productive livelihood.
In preparation for the launch, BRAC International is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position in Sierra Leone)
|Programme:||Mastercard Foundation Accelerating Impact for Young Women in partnership with BRAC (AIM)|
|Job Title:||AIM Branch Manager|
|Location:||Branch Office, Sierra Leone|
|Reporting to:||AIM Regional Manager|
|Number of direct reports:||5-7 PAs and Branch Accounts Officer (numbers might vary)|
|Number of positions:||6|
Reporting to the AIM Regional Manager (AIM-RM), the AIM Branch Manager (AIM-BM) will provide overall leadership to program implementation activity at the branch level. This will include day-to-day management and implementation supervision, staff-capacity development, staff supervision and monitoring, stakeholder management, procurement and ensuring internal team coordination. The BM will supervise up to 5-7 Program Assistants (both PAs recruited for livelihood and social empowerment) and Branch Account Officers (BAO) to ensure effective and timely program implementation and quality assurance. The AIM-BM will also be responsible for overall reporting (MIS, internal and donor reporting) and for supporting other technical and operational activities at the branch level.
Key Duties/Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Technical and Implementation Support:
- Provide supervisory support to all AIM related program activities at the branch level, ensuring activity planning, roll-out, implementation, and tracking, in accordance with the operations manual
- Lead team-set up, staff onboarding, training and activity planning of AIM-PAs and BAOs
- Oversee the selection and set-up of AIM clubs, participant selection, and supervise the operation of club activities with direct assistance from PAs
- Provide technical guidance and direction to PAs to match participants to livelihood pathways
- Support PAs to mobilize Village Savings and Loan Associations (VSLAs) and link participants to VSLAs
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of MIS, financial and donor reports
- Finalize branch wise procurement plans for the necessary asset and input support including numbers, item specifications, budget, and bidding.
- Ensure all branch level procurement in compliance with policy and budget allocations
- Track and maintain sufficient cash flow for smooth day to day project activities
Supervisory and Coordination Support:
- Lead all branch level activities and serve as the branches’ main focal point for internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate closely with AIM Technical Sector Specialists (AIM-TSS) to develop capacity of PAs in livestock, agriculture, market development, and social inclusion
- Facilitate monthly branch coordination meetings to ensure communication, planning and internal alignment
- Organize and facilitate all branch level trainings and workshops as per program design
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation.
- Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration and demonstrated ability to build relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of BRAC.
- Experience in project management and coordination, including supervision and monitoring, administration, finance, and logistics
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Masters degree (preferred) or Bachelors degree in Social Science /Anthropology /Sociology /Business Administration and /or other relevant fields
- At least 3 years’ experience in the international development sector, including experience with extreme-poor and marginalized communities to implement integrated development programs including microfinance, livelihood, agricultural and food security, and/or girl’s and women’s empowerment programs.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: (CONTRACTUAL)
SALARY: (NEGOTIABLE/ MENTION THE AGREED SALARY AMOUNT or RANGE)
JOB LOCATION: Branch Office, Sierra Leone
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 4th October 2022
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
Women are strongly encourage to apply.