Name of Position: Customer Service Associate
Location: Freetown – IDT Labs Main Office
MiKashBoks is a fintech startup that seeks to transform the financial experience of the last billion. It’s
an app that makes group saving and lending safer and easier. We bring informal savings and lending
groups online so that people at the bottom of the financial pyramid can build a financial footprint. We
partner with organizations that work with these groups to make our services available. The
MiKashBoks app went live on Google Plays tore in January 2022.
Founded in 2021, MiKashBoks founders come from a long history of working in communities
excluded from the financial system – whether it is black Americans and minorities in the United
States or in emerging economies where offline financial transactions occur within social networks.
The team is based in diverse locations – the US, UK, India, Sierra Leone – and generally works on a
MiKashBoks is now deploying to customers in Sierra Leone and needs to be able to support those
customers as they come on board and start using the app.
About the role:
MiKashBoks is hiring an experienced customer service professional to be the first point of contact
for inbound customer service requests and questions – initially just in Sierra Leone but potentially
over time supporting other markets in West Africa as well..
The role will encompass, but not be limited to the following:
Staffing Customer Service Hotline
▪ Monitoring inbound calls
▪ Solving customer service issues
▪ Logging customer calls and issues into a web-based customer support system
▪ Creating tickets for unusual situations, unexpected outages and app bugs
▪ Following up with MiKashBoks engineers, via Slack, on difficult to solve issues
▪ Documenting unusual/unexpected errors and adding to our internal knowledge base
▪ Utilizing provided materials including FAQs and Flow Charts to provide consistent customer
▪ Monitoring MiKashBoks social media feeds for customer service questions
▪ Utilizing Fresh Desk to help monitor inbound customer service questions from WhatsApp
▪ Supporting engineering team via app testing
▪ Scope to get involved in other areas such as training clients
Successful candidates will have:
● Demonstrated customer service experience: A proven record of delivering prompt,
courteous and efficient customer service
● Communication skills: able to distil complex information into clear, simple instructions.
Able to bridge customer needs and experiences to the MKB product and engineering teams.
Excellent writing skills with proactive attention to detail
● Action-oriented: creates solutions and sticks to tasks, insures customer satisfaction
● Customer Focus: dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers
● Time Management Skills: prompt follow up to customer service skills, escalating issues
when necessary, communicating internally on customer needs
● Integrity and trust: able to keep customer information confidential and work
● Initiative and problem-solving: consistent desire to learn about the MiKashBoks platform
and support app testing. Desire to learn new skills and able to follow-up on tickets, bugs and
● Full professional proficiency in English
● Previous experience using customer support software
● Knowledge of WhatsApp for Business, Slack, Facebook and Google Drive products including
sheets, slides and docs
What Excites You:
● You have a genuine passion to help people
● You like working in a small team where everyone does a bit of everything
● You’re OK with ambiguity
● You’re results driven and get stuff done
● You’re excited to work with customers of all shapes and sizes.
The role will report directly to our Implementation staff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race,religion, color, national origin, gender,sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status.
Contact: email@example.com with your interest.