Position: Family Planning and Reproductive Health (FP/RH) Advisor
Sierra Leone Strengthening Integrated Health Services Activity (SIHSA)
IMA World Health, a member of Corus International, is seeking applications for the Family Planning and Reproductive Health (FP/RH) Advisor for the anticipated 5 year $25-50 million USAID-funded Strengthening Integrated Health Services Activity (SIHSA) in Sierra Leone.
SIHSA’s goal is to contribute to the Government of Sierra Leone’s overarching goal of improving the health of adolescents, pregnant and postpartum women, and children less than five years old. SIHSA’s objectives are 1) improve the quality of family planning, maternal newborn child and adolescent health, and malaria services sustainably; 2) promote adoption of crucial health behaviors, and 3) strengthen the stewardship and governance of the Ministry of Health and Sanitation, both at central and district levels, so it is better prepared to plan, budget, allocate resources and monitor health programs. SIHSA seeks to promote the integration of health services, including malaria services, to rapidly scale-up evidence-based interventions to address preventable causes of maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent morbidities and mortality. SIHSA seeks to demonstrate innovative models to catalyze community-driven solutions and show models to promote private sector engagement.
Corus International was formed through the strategic merger of IMA World Health (operating as a public health organization since 1960), and Lutheran World Relief (operating as a livelihoods organization since 1945), and today includes the smaller entities of CGA Technologies, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Coffee. Corus International works in over 20 countries in Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America, with a primary focus on health, livelihoods, and emergency response.
Today, IMA offers extensive expertise in managing and implementing highly successful and complex donor-funded programs in nutrition, maternal and child health, health systems strengthening (HSS), malaria, HIV/AIDS, sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV), and neglected tropical diseases (NTDs). IMA has managed an average of $100 million annually over the last four fiscal years, through grants and contracts from FCDO, USAID, BHA, CDC, World Bank, the Global Fund, UNDP, MCC, and private donors.
Based in Freetown, the FP/RH Advisor will provide overall technical leadership, strategic support and operational oversight for the project in the areas of family planning and reproductive health. S/he will implement and oversee reproductive health activities which aim to strengthen the availability and use of family planning. S/he will provide vision and leadership for country-led scale up of effective, integrated and sustainable interventions.
The FP/RH Advisor will be based in Freetown, Sierra Leone. Actual hiring is contingent upon successful agreement award and USAID approval. Sierra Leonean nationals and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Implementation of FP/RH activities, including coordination of technical assistance from international and national experts.
- Provide technical leadership to increase access, use, quality, and integration of FP/RH services.
- Provide leadership, management, and technical assistance in the development and use of technical policies and guidelines related to the improvement of FP/RH.
- Provide strategic and technical support to the Ministry of Health and Sanitation in policy development and FP/RH interventions
- Identify and implement appropriate strategies to address service delivery gaps
- Lead the formulation of innovative approaches for scale up of targeted services in fragile and complex settings
- Monitor FP/RH activities based on the monitoring and evaluation framework and assess whether the expected results were obtained
- Provide regular reports to the DCOP and the programmatic and technical personnel, including successes, challenges, and lessons learned
- Work closely with partners to plan activities and respond to requests to support local partners and USAID. Liaise with other organizations and projects working in FP/RH
- Promote and support the development and sharing of best practices and lessons learned with key stakeholders (MOH, technical and financial partners, and other employees)
- Master’s Degree or higher in public health, nutrition, or a closely related field is required; a medical doctor is strongly preferred
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in international health programming, including at least five (5) years’ experience in senior-level clinical/technical positions and experience designing, implementing, teaching, and/or managing FP/RH services at facility and community level, and public or private sectors.
- Experience with behavior change communications strategies and activities to improve FP/RH outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work in concert with team, partner organizations, and key government stakeholders to achieve results; experience in partnership building especially with the Government of Sierra Leone, USAID, NGOs and private sector a plus.
- Proven technical knowledge in FP/RH, including familiarity with project indicators, quantitative and qualitative data to monitor overall project performance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (including in making presentations); high degree of political savvy in interacting with senior government and civil society stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, team management, leadership, and decision-making skills, including the ability to communicate across cultures effectively and respectfully.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
IMA/Corus International prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by U.S. or International law.
To apply, please visit the following website: https://corus.applicantpro.com/jobs/2496552.html