TONKLILI DISTRICT COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES-TDCHS MASANGA
Job Title: Finance Manager
Job Location: Masanga
Contract Period: Fixed
The Tonkolili District College of Health Sciences was founded in 2012 as part of the Masanga Hospital Rehabilitation Project MHRP formerly with the Postgraduate/Basic Surgical Training Program STP in 2010. The college started the SECHN program in 2012 and currently has the Diploma in Nursing program (RN), Diploma and B.Sc. in Physiotherapy.
Currently, the College is seeking for a Finance Manager, to lead the Finance Department of the College and manage the financial resources of the institution.
The Finance Manager is expected to possess excellent skills in generating and managing revenue of the college, initiate potential investment opportunities for the college and report to both donors and the College Board.
BUDGET AND BUDGETARY CONTROL:
- The finance manager is generally responsible for the collating and submitting of institutional financial forecast and should also provide us with an advice which approach is adopted for the TDCHS.
- The Finance Manager is responsible for providing and preparing of details and budget for the TDCHS respectively and subject to approval of the Principal (Administration)
- He/she involvement in budgetary control includes general oversight by reviewing financial reports at least monthly for their areas of responsibility and raising issues with administration as appropriate
- The finance Manager can advise on producing non-TDCHS budgets, for instance the Masanga research Unit deals with research grants and contracts and monitoring against these
- The finance Manager should prepare a comprehensive asset register and take the lead on their maintenance and safe keeping for the TDCHS
- The finance manager has to decide the sources from which the funds are to be raised. The manager can raise finance from various sources like equity shareholders, banks and other financial institution etc
- The financial manager takes steps to procure the funds required for the TDCHS. It might require negotiation with creditors and financial institutions, issue of prospectus etc.
- Management of cash and other current assets is an important task of financial manager. It involves forecasting the cash inflows and outflows to ensure that there is neither shortage nor surplus of cash with TDCHS.
- Producing accurate financial reports and information for the TDCHS
- Developing cash flow statements in other to know the inflow and outflows of cash
- Managing risk of financial loss
- Projecting profit for the TDCHS
- Managing of Credit facilities to the TDCHS
- Providing advice in making financial decision
PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT AND COMPLIANCE:
- Review all procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts and control over payments.
- Maintain a system to track commitments and outstanding contract amounts.
- Provide input to purchase request approvals and ensure procurements are made based on available budget.
- Understanding and compliance with relevant anti-corruption legislation
- Understanding and compliance with the labour laws of the country.
|REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
To finalize the recruitment process for this role, applicants will be asked to pass an assessment test leading them to the oral interview on the same day.
How to Apply:
Forward your CV and Cover Letter to the HR Office of Masanga Hospital or send in an Email to alhassankalokoh1990@gmail Cc: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 076242105 for more details.
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.