Job title: Finance Officer
Reports to: Finance Manager
Overall job purpose: Book keeping
Job Level: Tier 4
Duration: One year with possibility of extension
Street Child of Sierra Leone (SCoSL) is a local Non-Governmental Organization promoting the right to education and child protection for children in the most remote communities in Sierra Leone.
We believe that every child deserves the right to live in a safe place, secure home and above all, have the chance to receive a quality education. As an organization, our key focus is helping children into schools-and ensuring that they stay there. For those that have no access to education, we work towards creating access in some of the most remote parts of the country, ensuring that no child is left behind.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS:
- Processing Transactions, including but not limited to:
- Make payments and receive funds in accordance with SCoSL finance procedures:
- Collect and examine supporting documents from book keepers from the field
- Prepare payment vouchers, and receipts for all transactions.
- Maintain float, loan and salary advance registers.
- Prepare monthly payroll.
- Ensure that supporting documents/signatures are valid.
Maintaining proper books of account and supporting documents, including but not limited to:
- Post all financial transactions on the accounting software (quickbooks) as appropriate.
- Manage the petty cash
- Prepare Petty Cash Form or internal requisitions.
- Carry out petty cash count every two weeks.
- Ensure that all accounts records are filed in an orderly manner.
- Liaison with the finance manager and assist in preparation of financial reports to donors.
- Undertake any other duties that may be requested by the Finance Manager.
- Monitor actual expenditure versus budgets.
- Keeping appropriate books and records for cash, bank, fixed assets, stocks etc.
- Carrying out reconciliations to ensure accuracy (eg cash count and bank reconciliations)
Maintaining proper physical files and computer files and folders to enable easy retrieval of information by the organization and others
Note: The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Qualifications & Experience
- BSC in applied accounting its equivalent or Finance related Field
- Knowledge in the use of Computer: MS word and Excel
- Minimum of three years’ experience in related field
- Ability to work in a Team
- Experience in working with a Non – Governmental Organization
- Knowledge in the use of Accounting Software
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, and training/facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in computer e.g. MS Word, MS Power Point and Excel.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and resourceful, proactive in identifying and addressing challenges, yet consulting and asking for assistance as needed/relevant.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project communities and stay in basic conditions.
Street Child of Sierra Leone is a Child Protection organization and has a clear policy on child protection and we believe that:
- Children and young people should never experience abuse of any kind, and
We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people, to keep them safe and to practice in a way that protects them.
- SCoSL has Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies in Place, and is committed to the protection of vulnerable children and adults
It is therefore mandatory for all staff to commit themselves to respect, uphold and promote this policy and to sign the SCoSL code of conduct
Street Child of Sierra Leone is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the communities we serve, our partners, our volunteers, and our staff. As part of this commitment to safeguarding, safeguarding questions will be included in interviews and all offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate background checks.
- WOMEN AND PERSONS LIVING WITH DISABILITIES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position please send up-to-date CV and a supporting letter, copies of relevant certificates to email@example.com Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Closing date for the receipt of application packages is: 27th September, 2022.
Occupational fields: NGO
Organization: Street Child of Sierra Leone