CRS JOB ADVERT – INTERNAL/EXTERNAL
CRS is recruiting for 4(Four) Positions: Grant Accountant(s)
If you are interested and your profile matches the requirements, please read the below job descriptions, and follow the instructions to submit your application package.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion, or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is conducted through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding. In Sierra Leone, CRS has served vulnerable communities for over 50 years and is a leader in building the country’s capacity to improve health and nutrition services for young children and their caregivers.
For Over 7 years, CRS Sierra Leone has successfully implemented a global fund project. The project’s success has been contributed to the commitment and support of the team. CRS Sierra Leone accepted a COVID-19 fund to address the covid 19 pandemic in areas of implementation.
Job Title: Grant Accountant
Department: Programs: Global Fund Project
Reports To: Grant Manager
Country: CRS-Sierra Leone.
Duty Location: CRS Office in Freetown, must be willing to travel up to 50%.
You will help coordinate and contribute to the implementation of the Global Fund project policies and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will efficiently perform accounting services through documenting the Global Fund financial transactions by compiling, analyzing, and verifying account information, preparing account entries, and delivering financial reporting services throughout the Global Fund project life cycle.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Set and monitor sound accounting and financial reporting procedures for Global Fund subrecipients and partners following established standards. Ensure setup and maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned Global Funds accounts in SunSystems financial accounting package.
- Review and validate supporting documentation before processing of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete and authorizations are in place.
- Record financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review and analyze various accounts to detect irregularities. Advise on corrective actions and prepare correcting entries and adjustments, as necessary.
- Assess, evaluate and monitor subrecipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and strengthen capacity of partner in financial accounting and transactions.
- Monitor disbursement/receipt schedules, alert relevant Global Fund staff of due payments/liquidations and maintain appropriate communication and follow-up to facilitate timeliness of financial resource management and compliance with set deadlines.
- Prepare various periodic and ad hoc financial reports and perform variance analysis to assist Global Fund staff with decision-making. Assist with budget maintenance for proper management of financial resources.
- Provide information to Global Fund staff, subrecipients, and partners on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues and deliver training and other capacity building activities.
- Perform assigned treasury Global Fund (cash payment/receipt, cash forecast, etc.) duties, as long as segregation of duties is ensured.
- B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
Required Languages – English
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 50 %.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Conscientious, accurate and thorough with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Knowledge of the relevant public donor regulations preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Knowledge of SunSystems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal GF Project Director, GF Grants Accountant, CRS Finance Manager, Other GF Project Staff, Compliance Manager, the CP Head of programming
External Local Fund Agent, External Auditors.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, efforts, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to safeguarding-related topics.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CRS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this position please click the below link.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Also send a copy of your application package to the desk Officers, Ministry of Employment and Social Security, New England and Extension Offices in Applicants’ Locations
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Closing Date for the receipt of application packages is 8th June 2023