CRS JOB ADVERT – INTERNAL/EXTERNAL
CRS is recruiting for 2(Two) Positions: Grant Accountant – Global Fund
If you are interested and your profile matches the requirements, please read the below job descriptions, and follow the instructions to submit your application package.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion, or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are conducted through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding. In Sierra Leone, CRS has served vulnerable communities for over 50 years and is a leader in building the country’s capacity to improve health and nutrition services for young children and their caregivers.
For Over 7 years, CRS Sierra Leone has successfully implemented a global fund project. The project’s success has been contributed to the commitment and support of the team. CRS Sierra Leone accepted a COVID-19 fund to address the covid 19 pandemic in areas of implementation.
Job Title: Grant Accountant
Department: Programs: Global Fund Project
Reports To: Grant Manager
Country: CRS-Sierra Leone.
Duty Location: CRS Office in Freetown, must be willing to travel up to 50%.
The position would efficiently provide comprehensive information, clerical, and accounting services to assist the Finance Department in executing processes and delivering service needs that support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of an experienced finance team, you will deliver quality support in your role, applying clearly defined accounting and financial reporting processes, procedures, and service standards. To support all financial management aspects of the Global Fund project and works directly with SRs to ensure compliance with contracts and financial reporting in line with the standards and policies of the Global Fund and CRS. Review and validate supporting documentation before processing of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete and authorizations are in place. Assess, evaluate, and monitor sub-recipient financial management processes in accordance with CRS policies and strengthen the financial management capacities of all SRs. Ensure compliance with reporting deadlines and contracts signed with SRs. Conduct quarterly field supervision of SRs and provide on-the-job coaching
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Complete standard financial documents (vouchers, wire transfer requests, checks, etc.) following a sample template with prescribed guidelines and circulate as needed.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to financial transaction processing. Prepare, type, photocopy, and scan related documentation. File accounting and financial reporting documentation as instructed.
- Compile supporting documentation (liquidation/receipt package) to support the processing of financial transactions. Communicate with staff, sub-recipients, partners, and suppliers to follow up on required documents.
- Perform data entry for financial transactions recording, following validation by the next-level Finance staff.
- Keep custody of various documents (e.g., blank/undelivered checks, fuel coupons, etc.).
Education and Experience
- BSC in Accounting required. Professional diploma/Certificate or courses in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration a plus.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in a similar role with some familiarity with standard accounting practices. Experience with an international organization is a plus.
- Experience using MS Office packages, in particular Excel and Word. Hands-on experience with data entry into online databases and forms.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented. Able to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service ethic and abilities. Ability to work collaboratively
Required Languages – List languages required to perform the job
Travel – include a percentage of required travel, if applicable. Could be stated as Must be willing and able to travel up to 50 %.
Supervisory Responsibilities (none)
Key Working Relationships:
Internal to CRS: GF Project Director, GF Grants Accountant, CRS Finance Manager, Other GF Project Staff, Compliance Manager, the CP Head of programming
External: Local Fund Agent, External Auditors,
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, efforts, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to safeguarding-related topics.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CRS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this position please send up-to-date CV and a supporting letter, copies of relevant certificates to SL_HR@crs.org. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Also send a copy of your application package to the desk Officers, Ministry of Employment and Social Security, New England and Extension Offices in Applicants’ Locations
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Closing Date for the receipt of application packages is 28th November 2022.