Médecins Sans Frontières – Belgium (MSF – Belgium)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF – Doctors without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title of position: HR Assistant
Status of position: Regular Position
Location: MSF Hangha Hospital, Kenema
main objective and responsibilities of the position
Execute administrative, HR and legal related tasks to support the Project HR Manager following MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and to realize the HR capacity required to achieve project objectives
- Prepare employment contracts and amendments in conformity with legal requirements
- Update the HR database – gathering and filing information in personnel files
- Assist the administration manager in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs on salaries, advances, payroll, etc.
- Make all HR and administrative information available to staff (posting, meetings, etc.)
- Preparing monthly pay slips for all staff
- Support with the induction of new staff
- Assist the staff in planning leaves, rosters and overtime
- Ensure all forms and templates are available
- Set a schedule for monthly field visits on outreach locations.
- Manage Hygiene items supply and place orders on time to avoid running out of stock.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Education: Desirable finance, business or administration related diploma. and/ or relevant experience.
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Language: English, Krio and Mende
- Computer skills: Computer literacy,
- Communication skills
- Results and Quality Orientation
- People Management
- Others: Willingness to travel to other locations in Sierra Leone when required
- Working hours: (Full time 8:00 – 5:00)
- Salary: Based on the organization salary scale
Applicants should submit:
Application letter, CV, copy of certificates/diplomas, copy of ID card, copy of labour card, copy of work certificates from previous employment. No original documents to be submitted
Applications can be submitted to:
MSF Kenema Hospital (Hangha) main gate, MSF Boajibu Base & MSF-Belgium office in Freetown.
- Or –
Applications can be sent to following email ID within deadline:
Saturday 30th September 2023– no late applications will be accepted
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further recruitment process.
Please note that MSF does not reimburse transportation cost if applicants are asked for a test or interview.
Please indicate “Application for HR Assistant” on the envelope and/or in subject line of the email.
MSF does not charge fee at any stage of its recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.