CRS JOB ADVERT – INTERNAL/EXTERNAL
CRS is recruiting for 1 Position: Logistics Management Information System Officer
If you are interested and your profile matches the requirements, please read the below job descriptions, and follow the instructions to submit your application package.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, health (including malaria), agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS/ Sierra Leone and Program Background
Catholic Relief Service (CRS) launched its work in Sierra Leone in 1963 supporting relief and development operations in the country. CRS Sierra Leone has proudly maintained a strong reputation and relationship with partners and the communities we serve in the country implementing a multi-sector program portfolio. Today, the Country Program has a robust portfolio built around several major programs in Health, Agriculture, Nutrition, Education and Urban Resilience. CRS/Sierra Leone currently implements projects in Education, Emergencies, Health and Urban Resilience sector area, including: the USDA/McGovern Dole Food for Education funded All Pikin for Learn (APfL) project, and is a co-principal recipient of the Global Fund malaria grant to the country. Other funding includes the EU-funded COVID response project, the Coca Cola-funded RAIN project, and the DFID-funded waste management project. In addition, the country program is working on several high-profile opportunities included establishing a Freetown Water Fund, supporting the Freetown City Council to deliver its Transform Freetown strategy through slum regeneration, and emergency response to COVID-19 funded by USG/OFDA. CRS Urban malaria research project anticipate that by incorporating malaria activities in the Transform Freetown Project, a more holistic and sustainable approach to improving the health and reducing malaria prevalence can be achieved.
Job Title: Logistics Management Information Systems Officer
Department: MGD Food for Education
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Country: CRS-Sierra Leone.
Duty Location: CRS Freetown, Kabala with 25% travel to Field Sites
As logistics management information system officer, you will help coordinate and ensure risk mitigation in inventory management through established inventory accounting and reporting processes in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and experience will allow you to ensure compliance with CRS and donor regulations, and international and local supply chain accountability standards and requirements, as you apply the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure required documents, data updates, and reports from different operational areas, sub-recipients, surveyors, and external suppliers are received and consolidated in a timely manner and in compliance with standard policies and procedures.
- Monitor, review, and analyze inventory accounting records and data entries in the inventory tracking and management information system for accuracy and completeness. Report accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Work in close coordination with relevant program and supply chain staff to resolve issues and reconcile inventory with accounting records.
- Update various accounting registers (master shipping ledger, master inventory ledger, loss and claims ledger, other as applicable).
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports pertaining to the status of goods and beneficiaries for internal and external project stakeholders.
- Work with project managers to prepare for audits and coordinate the audit process.
- Perform inquiry status for the supply chain modules in Insight.
- View reports and see completed transactions to review item status, items on hand, inventory valuation, sub inventory and inter-org transfers in the Insight system.
- Access data to monitor Supply Chain key performance indicators.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics, or related field. Professional certifications(s) in supply chain a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar position, preferably in an international organization.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Knowledge and experience with various public donors’ regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of inventory tracking, accounting, and reporting systems and principles. Understanding of Generally Accepted Commodity Accountability Principles (GACAP) preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio). Experience with inventory accounting software and/or other database management systems (e.g. MS Access) highly desirable.
- Very good analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Conscientious, accurate and thorough with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven leadership and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams
- Proven experience in building and maintaining institutional linkages
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
- Excellent organization, planning and analytical skills; detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated strength in relationship management
Required Languages – English, Krio and any other local language spoken by indigenes in the area of operation.
Travel – include percentage of required travel, if applicable. Could be stated as Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time for field supervision and stakeholder engagement.
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Logistics Manager.
Internal: Logistic Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Officers, Supply Chain Master Data Specialist, WARO and HQ, Grant Manager, Chief of Party, Head of Operations, Head of Program, MEAL Manager, MEAL Officers, and School Meal Team.
External: Supply Chain Vendors (Surveyor, Customer Clearance Agency, Transporters, Fumigation Agency ), Stockholders, Partners, School Management Committee.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to safeguarding-related topics.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CRS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this position please send up-to-date CV and a supporting letter, copies of relevant certificates to SL_HR@crs.org. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Also send a copy of your application package to the desk Officers, Ministry of Employment and Social Security, New England and Extension Offices in Applicants’ Locations
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Closing Date for the receipt of application packages is 30 September 2022.