Save the Children is recruiting for MEAL Managers for Pujehun Field Offices to support project implementation in Sierra Leone. The MEAL Manager will lead on MEAL processes/procedures at a designated field office that will feed into the Country Office overall MEAL framework in line with the country strategic plan. The postholder is required to take leadership in the development, roll out and implementation of SC’s standard MEAL packages at field level, corresponding tools and reporting requirements and build the culture of maximum utilization in Field base.
The Postholder will oversee the implementation of accountability procedures including community feedback and response mechanisms for both development and humanitarian programs; and lead on the compliance and assessment of quality benchmark. S/he will support Awards, Finance, PDQ/TAs, Internal controls, Advocacy and Operations to review and implement a compliance strategy towards donor commitments, especially in project start-ups, implementation, documentation, progress reporting and phase-outs. S/he will assume day to day leadership for the MEAL tasks for quality evidence-based programming.
S/he will provide MEAL supportive supervision in on-going project implementation. The MEAL Manager will be highly involved in project and MEAL planning and reviews, provide oversight on implementation of required MEAL actions, monitoring and evaluation processes ensuring high level of child participation in these processes in operational area.
S/he will guide SC and Partner teams in tracking outcome of projects which includes but not limited to documenting success stories/ case studies in line with project activities and expected outcomes. The MEAL Manager will build capacities of staff and partners in promoting accountability and participation in field base. S/he will provide quality assurance for data and information (including progress reports) generated from their field base.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- A degree level in Social Science – Statistics, Economics or equivalent field experience.
- Recommended a minimum of six years management and/or MEAL experience in both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than two of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, protection, rights governance, HIV/AIDs, health and nutrition, and emergencies
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning and participating in evaluations.
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially ability to work with MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point data collection and analysis software etc.
- Ability to think and analyze issues and data critically
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Ability to assess capacity gap and provide relevant trainings.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
- Experience in writing clear assessments and reports
- Excellent communication skills.
- A high level of written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Proven capacity to train and coach staff.
- Strong knowledge in Rights based programming.
- Experience working in a hands-on implementation capacity.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, sensitivity and diplomacy.
- High cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Closing Date: 19th May, 2022
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply in English using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document including details of your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.
Candidates should apply through the links that will be provided by Careers.sl.
Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
: Pujehun Town
: Fixed Term
: May 19, 2022