Mental Health and Psychosocial Support and Protection Deputy Project Manager(MHPSS-P)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS BASED ON APPROVED FUNDS
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
International Non-governmental organization, Action Against Hunger has been working to fight undernutrition and support communities affected by crisis across the globe for almost 40 years and across nearly 50 countries. Action Against Hunger established its presence in both Liberia and Sierra Leone in 1991 during the Civil War and since then has been operational in the two countries by implementing various humanitarian and development programs related to health, nutrition, food security/livelihoods and advocacy geared towards the reduction of the prevalence rates of under-nutrition in both countries. Since January 2018, the two countries have been clustered and now operating under a single management structure. The coordination office is based in Freetown, Sierra Leone overseeing the operations in Moyamba Field Office and Liberia Country Office.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting a suitably qualified Sierra Leonean as Mental Health ,Psychosocial Support and Protection Deputy Project Manager to implement the Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection (MHPSS-P) component of the Multisectorial project with Nutrition focus in Bonthe region ; and ensure the implementation of activities related to MHPSS-P and the supervision of the team under his/her responsibility in the framework of the project.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Ensure implementation, monitoring and reporting: in accordance with MHPSS-P program guidelines
- Planning and supervision of the implementation of all activities of the MHPSS-P component;
- Effective collaboration with Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) department to ensure that the M&E system produces timely and adequate information
- Participation in visits by donors, partners, coordination of the project and implement all agreed recommendations from these visits;
- Ensure the follow-up and quality control of the project’s achievements
- Participation in the capitalization of achievements and lessons learned;
– Contribution to the collection of data for monitoring and evaluation;
– Identification of technical constraints related to the implementation of the program;
- Implementation of technical recommendations issued by the Project Manager, Head of Department, Technical Referent or other technical experts;
– Ensures the visibility of donors and ACF on the project sites;
Supervise and manage the team:
- Manage the MHPSS-P staff. This includes coaching, training, supervising and coordinating with staff related to the other components to ensure complementarity;
- Manage the MHPSS-P team (induction, goal setting, evaluation) and ensure that the team complies with ACF rules;
- Ensures that each member of the supervised team fully understands the results expected of them and is aware of the success criteria for their work;
- Organize trainings, follow-ups and refreshers to key actors and community members;
- Ensures that work is planned and organized to meet program needs;
- Ensures that team members have an appropriate workload and work efficiently;
Data Management and Reporting:
- Monitor in collaboration with the Program Manager the administrative, logistical and budgetary operations;
- Compile or write activity reports (APR) according to the timing;
- Participate in the development of intervention strategies in the zone
Participate in the coordination, representation and partnerships of ACF in the field of MHPSS-P:
- Coordination of activities with other programs for a rationalized use of resources and maximum integration
- – Participate in donor visits at the request of his/her supervisor
- – Representation of ACF and ensure relations with partners, authorities, UN agencies and NGOs in its sector in collaboration with the PR SMPS / CT;
Contribute to capitalization and technical development within the MHPSS-P:
- Capitalization of program data and documentation of innovations achieved;
- Transmission of technical and operational knowledge acquired on the MHPSS-P program
- Contribution to the feedback from the field to feed the communication of the ACF mission
- Help ensure all aspects of Action Against Hunger activities adhere to program quality standards and policies (accountability and mainstreaming) in a coherent and integrated manner.
- Ensure that gender considerations are made with participants of projects to have clear statistics on gender inclusion.
- Ensure the highest stands of accountability through ensuring good communication and information sharing within the organization.
- Be aware of, understand, and comply with all of Action Against Hunger’s policies and procedures.
- Contribute to ongoing security management and planning as necessary.
- Actively participate in any emergency response if called upon to do so (within the existing Programme area or in a new one).
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the SMO, MEAL Manager, Field Manager, Health and Nutrition Program Manager, Food Security and Livelihood Manager.
- Adhere to all COVID-19 precautionary measures
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study Psychosocial background, Psychologist, Social studies, Anthropology.
- 2-4 years’ experience in the field of psychosocial support in a similar position in international NGOs. In-depth knowledge of the MHPSS interventions, care of populations in psychological distress
- Experience in nutrition, child care practices and Gender Based Violence interventions
- Working experience on Programme monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
Required Competencies and Skills:
- Project management and supervision skills;
- Psychosocial support;
- Excellent listening and empathy skills;
- Good experience interacting with taskforce actors, community, religious and traditional leaders
- Comfortable, flexible and creative in institutional and partnership relations
- Flexibility and ability to work in hard to reach areas;
- Good stress management skills.
- Good computer skills: Word, Excel, power point
STARTING DATE:1st August 2022
DURATION OF CONTRACT: Twelve(12) Months Sierra Leonean contract (Renewable)
LOCATION: Bonthe, with frequent travels to Freetown, and other field areas
Monthly Basic Salary: SLL 5,236,350 or 5,707,800 based on profile
Monthly Transport Allowance: 10% of Monthly Basic Salary
Housing Allowance: 10% of Monthly Basic Salary
HOW TO APPLY:
Send Motivation Letter, CV saved in your name – for example (Joe Blue CV) for your CV, and (Joe Blue Motivation Letter) for your motivation letter, with names of three (3) referees by email, under the Subject “MHPSS-P DPM” to:
Deadline for the receipt of applications is Saturday, 3rd July 2022.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be sorted on a rolling basis.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test and oral interview.
Please state the position applied for on the subject line of your email.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.