Career with BRAC Microfinance Sierra Leone Limited
BRAC Microfinance Sierra Leone (SL) Limited (BMSLL) was launched in 2008 and has grown to become the largest microfinance institution in the country. Our mission is to responsibly provide a range of financial services to people at the bottom of the pyramid. We particularly focus on women living in poverty in rural and hard-to-reach areas, to create self-employment opportunities, build financial resilience, and promote women’s entrepreneurial spirit by empowering them economically.
Our core products include a group-based microloan provided exclusively to women, and small enterprise loans for entrepreneurs seeking to expand their businesses. We also provide loans for low to moderate-income jobholders who are often unserved by mainstream banks.
In all our endeavors, we adhere to the Universal Standards for Social Performance Management and the Client Protection Principles, placing clients’ well-being at the Centre of everything we do to achieve our social mission.
Position: Monitoring Officer (2) – Microfinance
Data collection through structured questionnaires about Microfinance programs using key indicators.
- Ensure physical verification of all loans.
- Check and verify all loan scheme documents.
- Regular checks on the passbooks to ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded.
- Ensure that all branches within your location are risk-free.
- Share/ inform monitoring findings/ data with the supervisor for the immediate corrective measures at Branch / Area level.
- Submission of report on time.
- Prepare a new questionnaire based on the field situation.
- Collect/ prepare/ share with the program personnel for new issues and all indicators.
- Share any deviation which is not part of the questionnaire as a special observation to Management on the field, branch or area level.
- Support management and accountability through routine, accurate collection and reporting of information that confirms the status of program activities.
- Achieve the set targets.
- Duly follow the HR policies and procedures.
- Coordinate or liaise with all staff in a way that your findings will reflect the values of BRAC (Innovation, Integrity, Inclusiveness and Effectiveness)
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the higher authority.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals of safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure safeguarding standards are implemented in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do so.
Bachelor’s degree / Diploma in any discipline (business-related education would be an added advantage)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES: (required)
- Proven skills in fieldwork.
- Honest and transparent in all dealings.
- Extremely flexible and has the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Willingness and ability to travel within the country and spend time in the field.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
JOB LOCATION: Country Wide
Makeni Region Addresses
- Masuba Branch Office – 42 Masuba Road , Makeni
- OIC Ropolo Branch Office – 42 Tecko Road , Makeni
- Magburaka Branch Office – 2 Jawara Drive ,New London , Makeni Road, Magburaka
- Wara Wara Branch Office – 10 Immam Street , Bankolia Kabala, Koinadugu
- Looking Town Branch Office – 5 Jibrilla Street , Looking town, Makeni
- Kono Area Office – 29 Hill station, Kainkordu road Koidu Town, Kono
- Koquima Branch Office – 61 A Masingbi Road, Lebanon Koidu Town, Kono
- Masingbi Branch Office – 1 Magburaka Road , Masingbi,Tonkolili
- Karene Branch Office – 53 Looking Town, Kamakwie City
- Matotoka Branch Office – Kono Highway , Matotoka
Freetown Region Addresses
- Aberdeen Branch Office – 63 Murray Town Road Free Town
- Kroo Town Branch Office – Dungan Street, Off Campbell Street
- Dwazack Branch Office – 3A George Brook Dwazark
- Wilberforce Branch Office – 37 Spur Road Wilberforce
- Goderich Branch Office – 24 Peninsula Road Levuma Beach Juba Goderich
- Hill Station Branch Office – 8 Leicester Peak Road Hill Station
- Fullah Town Branch Office – 71 Kissy road
- Kissy Bye Pass Branch Office – 24 Pyke Street Kissy Bye Pass
- Tagrin Branch Office – 143 Ferry Road, Royema, Lungi
- Grass Field Branch Office – 23 Old Railway Line, Brima Lane
- Calaba Town Branch Office – 346 Bai Bureh Road Calaba Town
- Jui Branch Office – 35 0ff Jui Road, Kossoh Town, Regent Highway
Bo Region Addresses
- Moriba Town Branch Office – 47 Fatmata Street, Sewa Road Section, Moriba Town, BO
- Kandeh Town Branch Office – 36 Dr. Wusu Sannoh Street, Kandeh Town, BO
- Torkpoi Town Branch Office – 25 Jah Street, Salina Section Torkpoi Town Bo
- Pujehun Branch Office – Jah Street, New Site, Pujehun Town, Pujehun
- Mile 91 Branch Office – 17 Old Police Station Road, Mile-91, Tonkolili.
- Moyamba Branch Office – 18 Maada Hagba Road, Moyamba Town, Moyamba
- Small Bo Branch Office – 72 First One mile, Blama Boajibu Road
- Blama Road Branch Office – 18 Hotagua Street, Blama Road Kenema
- Kailahun Branch Office – Tenneh Lodge, 80 Buedu Road, Gbomo Town, Kailahun
- Segbwema Branch Office- 40 Gbaiima Road, Taima , Segbwema, Kailahun
- Pendembu Branch Office – Kussia Laa, Mofindor Street, Pendembu, Kailahun
- Bo – P.O. Box No. 31 – Bo Postal Building, 2 Mattru Road, Bo
- Kailahun – P.O. Box No. 10 – Kailahun Postal Building, 11 Pendembu Road, Kailahun
Waterloo Region Addresses
- Waterloo I Branch Office – 8 Leden Streets,Post Office, Waterloo
- Waterloo II Branch Office – 73 Main Motor Road Town (Old Morabi Road) Waterloo
- Waterloo III Branch Office – 20 Benguima Road,Tombo High Way, Waterloo
- Tombo Branch Office – 42 Main Road Kissie, Tombo
- Port Loko Branch Office – 51 Barracks Road (Alama Bridge), Portloko
- Lunsar Branch Office – 13 Portloko Road, Lunsar
- Kambia Branch Office – 3 Barracks Road, Kambia-2
- Rokupr Branch Office – Back Of Bamoi, Rokupur Road, Konta
- Waterloo – Waterloo Post Office – BRAC Application Box
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Interested candidates need to send a letter of interest indicating the title of the position applied for, an updated CV mentioning educational grades, through email to firstname.lastname@example.org, OR by hand to any of the addresses above OR our BMSLL Country Office – 2 Samuel Bannister Drive, Wilberforce, Freetown.
Only completed applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 10th February 2023
BRAC Microfinance (SL) Limited is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and clients/beneficiaries to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunity employer.