|Salary band 4 –
|Procurement & Contract Specialist– 4A|
|Reports to:||Director of Finance & Administration|
|Duty Station:||Country Office, Freetown|
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH – Implements Projects and Programmes based on a bi-lateral agreement between the Governments of Germany and Sierra Leone. The Freetown office provides administrative and logistical support to these measures.
As a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to building a future worth living around the world. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. GIZ has been working in Sierra Leone since 1963 with now more than 100 national and international personnel working in projects implemented together with our Sierra Leonean partners funded by the German Government, the EU, and others.
We are advertising the position of “ Procurement & Contract Specialist”
The procurement and contract specialist is responsible for
- Purchasing materials and equipment for the project/programme in accordance with GIZ rules and conditions
- Manage the entire procurement and supply chain process from sourcing, and evaluation, timely delivery
- Informing colleagues in the project and the project / programme Managers/senior finance manager on time about the status of procurement and logistics matters, particularly in the event of delays
- Coordinating effectively with colleagues in the administrative division in other projects and at country office
- Provide periodic reports on Procurement & Contract to the Director of finance and Administration
The procurement professional performs the following tasks:
B. Tasks 1. Procurement
- Doing procurement on approval by management and maintaining proper documentation
according to GIZ regulations.
- Monitoring needed stationery and toiletries replenishment for Freetown and the districts
- Supporting documentation for project procurement done at the level of the Country Office
- He/she is the contact person with suppliers and vendors
- Maintains, carries out and is responsible for local procurement (negotiates costs, orders stationary, inspects delivery etc.) including quotation procedures, according to GIZ guidelines.
- Keeps database on supplies and conducts regular search on alternatives.
- Receives and checks delivered materials.
- Advises supplies of defective goods delivered and arranges necessary follow-ups.
- Checks invoices, delivery receipts and other papers and sign /submit them for payment.
- Arranges and coordinates the safe transshipment of deliveries to the requesting project.
- Informs projects of location and time of delivery
- Encodes required information into the Procurement database.
- Files documents with the completed transactions according to GIZ regulations.
- Monitors the entire clearing process of goods and conduct follow –up.
Tasks 2. Contracts
- Preparation of the contracts: appraisers, consulting firms and Service Providers, Local Subsidies and Financing Contracts. Carries out award procedures according GIZ-procedures.
- Follow up of contract execution and payments.
- Adjusts from time to time the Consultancy Honorarium Schedule.
- Coordinates the preparation of lease agreements, security contract and other legally binding documents.
- Keeps Contract files updated in accordance with GIZ rules
- Preparing the handing over of assets to partners and maintaining proper documentation
3. General tasks
The procurement and contract specialist
- Maintains data relevant for contracts and tenders.
- Processes complaints if necessary.
- Provides recommendations according to GIZ-procedures and negotiate directly with Consultants.
- Advising and guiding projects on the GIZ-guidelines regarding aspects of contracting.
- Serves as a point of contact for customers on contractual matters.
- Ensure contract file completeness.
- Ensure contract close out, extension or renewal is timely done.
- Other duties/additional tasks
The procurement and contract specialist
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Required qualifications, competences, and experience Qualifications
- BA/BSc in business administration or master’s degree in a related field preferred
- Proven experience working as a procurement and contract specialist in the same area
- A diploma in a related field is required, as well as sufficient working experience.
- Additional certification in the field of procurement and contract is desired
- familiarity with procurement software such as may be used at GIZ, GIZ intranet and basic understanding of specific GIZ hard & software (Windows 10 & 11, MS Office, SAP, PROSOFT, COSOFT etc.)
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Proven track record of managing procurement and contract of substantial amounts
- Proven track record of procurement and contract
- Team player that can coordinate with other staff members .
- Strong pro-active self-starter who likes to fix issues
- Committed to deadlines and goal-oriented person.
- Committed to stringent procurement and contract rules by GIZ
- Committed to stringent anti-corruption procurement rules
Mode of Application:
Suitable candidates are invited to apply not later than 07.10.2022
- Cover letter
- CV (including work experience and references)
- Photocopies of certificates
have to be submitted to the email address email@example.com
Only applicants shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
GIZ-Sierra Leone is an equal-opportunity employer, and therefore women are strongly encouraged to apply.