JOB VACANCY @ The Center for Community Empowerment & Transformation
Position – Programme Manager
Job Type – Full Time
Location – Rotifunk, Bumpeh Chiefdom, Moyamba District. Applicants from Moyamba District get priority. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Contract Duration – 12 months extension is based on performance.
Reports to – Board Executive Chairman
Background – The Center for Community Empowerment & Transformation (CCET-SL) is a 10-year Community-Based Organization established by P. C. Charles Caulker to carry out development programs for Bumpeh Chiefdom, Moyamba District. As a registered Non-profit Organization, CCET-SL’s mission is to transform the community for sustainable development through education and agriculture.
CCET-SL’s basic goal is for every child within the chiefdom to have a secondary school education. It works with local schools to prepare students for national exams and build school teaching capacity.
After ten years, many students are now graduating and moving on to higher education with the support of CCET-SL programs. They are building better lives and using their education to help develop their community.
CCET-SL’s education role will soon be self-funded by the agriculture programs, including sixty acres of fruit orchards. Additional projects for women have been undertaken, as well as adult education and response to urgent community issues, like Ebola and Covid safety programs.
Over the past ten years, one thousand five hundred students from primary and secondary schools, vocational, nursing, medical, teaching, and university levels have advanced their education with CCET-SL programs. Five hundred women have improved their lives through the interventions. CCET-SL 10-year results- click here:
Job Description – CCET-SL operates under the authority of the Bumpeh Chiefdom Council. The Programme Manager is central to advancing the Chiefdom’s development aspirations. Candidates should have an interest in rural development. He/she is accountable to the CCET-SL Board of Directors and reports to P. C. Charles Caulker, Executive Chairman of the Board.
The CCET-SL Programme Manager serves as a role model for the community. Candidates must have a strong work ethic, be service oriented and demonstrate integrity and respect for people at all levels.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop annual goals for CCET-SL programs with defined work plans, measurable targets, and specified budgets. Work with the CCET-SL Board and donors to confirm these and secure funding.
- Supervise and monitor all CCET-SL Staff.
- Work with CCET-SL staff and local schools to continuously improve education results and advance students to higher education.
- Oversee CCET-SL education programs that improve student results in national exams and build school teaching capacity.
- Manage higher education scholarship programs.
- Oversee CCET-SL’s agriculture program for growing and marketing produce to fund education programs. Begin to turn a net profit by the end of 2025.
- Develop CCET-SL’s financial self-reliance as a Non-profit Organization.
- Develop CCET-SL’s income-generating activities.
- Seek out available grants from GoSL and NGOs.
- Manage the relationship with major donors like Sherbro Foundation and ensure annual plans for funded projects are in place and on track.
- Develop the capability of CCET-SL as an organization and its staff.
- Organize quarterly meetings of the CCET-SL Board.
- Identify issues in delivering work plans and engage the Board in resolving them. Initiate improvement plans and develop proposals for new project opportunities with the concurrence of the Board.
- Develop a robust financial reporting process for the CCET-SL Board and donors.
- Develop CCET-SL reporting and a communication process.
- Submit monthly activity reports to P.C. Caulker.
- Provide quarterly Board reports with program status and next steps.
- Develop CCET-SL social media sites to reach agriculture customers, other interested parties, and donors in Sierra Leone and abroad as well as develop a website.
- Provide individual staff members with practical hands-on guidance and project opportunities for personal growth.
- Maintain effective liaison and proactive communications with the Ministries of Education and Agriculture and major donors, like Sherbro Foundation.
Lead implementation of other community projects as needed under the direction of the Paramount Chief and the Chiefdom Council. E.g. Chiefdom COVID-19 safety training, etc.
Perform any other related duties, as required by the Board.
Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Education, Community Development, Environmental Science, Sociology, or any other field related to CCET-SL’s mission and action plans.
At least five (5) years of proven organization management skills, including the ability to provide strategic direction and coach staff.
Proficient in spoken and written English. Local language capability is a plus.
Functional Knowledge and Skills
- Proven ability to coordinate and manage projects.
- Sound tactical thinking with the ability to formulate clear comprehensive strategies and plans.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and produce results under pressure.
- Strong written, analytical, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Building and promoting partnerships across the Community- Based Organization and beyond
Other Skills (e.g., IT)
Demonstrated computer skills (MS Office software applications)
Contact: To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to CCET-SL Board through Bintu Sia A. Kamara. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org +232-78-207503/+232-34410-960.
Hand delivery to the CCET-SL Office is also encouraged. 1 Elizabeth Street, Rotifunk Moyamba District.
The closing date for receipt of the application is 17:00 Friday 17th April 2023.