Career with BRAC International
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organization, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realize their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organization of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organization committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir FazleHasan Abed. It started its first Programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
About the Programme
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create a positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
There is mounting urgency to support adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) living in poverty, which has been further amplified by the global pandemic. Through this partnership, scalable economic development approaches will be delivered in communities to foster the agency and voice of AGYW. They will have the opportunity to fulfill their aspirations, achieve sustainable livelihoods, and engage in advocacy issues.
BRAC Sierra Leone will implement an integrated and holistic model to address the various life cycles of a young woman living in poverty, ensuring she is able to transition safely from adolescence to adulthood. She will be equipped with the appropriate skills, tools, and access to finance to effectively exercise her agency and build a fulfilling and productive livelihood.
In preparation for the launch, BRAC Sierra Leone is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position in Sierra Leone)
|Programme||Mastercard Foundation Accelerating Impact for Young Women in partnership with BRAC (AIM)|
|Job Title||AIM – Regional Manager|
|Location||Sierra Leone Regional Office|
|Reporting to||Field Operations Manager, AIM|
|Number of direct reports||4-6 branch managers (TBD); 4 TSSs; indirect report: 30-50 (TBD)|
|Number of positions:||3|
Reporting to the FOM, the AIM-RM will provide leadership for overall program planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring activities at the regional level. With direction from FOM and the Programme Manager, AIM, the RM will ensure internal alignment and coordination at the regional level. The RM will be in-charge of supervising Technical Sector Specialists (TSS) and branch manager’s activities, ensuring recruitment, onboarding, training and management of Branch Managers and Program Assistants. The RM will play an instrumental role in guiding community outreach and regional level advocacy initiatives, partnership management and for providing overall operational support. There will be one RM per region as defined by AIM project locations. Each RM will cover an average of four to six (4-6) branches.
Key Duties/Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Program Implementation Support:
- Provide technical and managerial leadership to ensure timely program rollout and implementation at the regional level
- Coordinate closely with BMs to ensure timely implementation of monthly, quarterly and yearly activity plans as work plan and budget
- Monitor all program activities at the regional level and ensure adherence to the operations manual and maintenance of quality and safeguarding standards during program implementation
- Monitor and coordinate all region level activities rolled out by BM, TSS, PA & BAO
- Ensure internal monitoring within the Programme to assess the quality-of-service delivery, data collection and integrity and documentation in branch offices
- Provide support to strengthen supervision framework to ensure quality Programme delivery
- Manage and strengthen MIS, program/management data collection and reporting
- Provide leadership to troubleshoot operational and management issues as they arise
- Identify, forge, mobilize and manage partnerships with key partners and stakeholders at the regional level to ensure maximum visibility
- Ensure reporting as per donor reporting guidelines wit close attention to financial reporting guidelines
- Conduct regular monitoring visits as required
- Support the AIM Programme Manager and FOM with updates and information, as required
Support procurement and budget control:
- Ensure procurement guidelines are followed for all procurement, reporting any concerns to the FOM
- Monitor spend rates periodically to avoid over/under spending
Supervisory and Coordination Support:
- Oversee hiring, onboarding and training of regional and branch-level staff
- Develop supervision framework for field staff and ensure staff deliver planned activities on time and budget
- Coordinate closely with BMs to finalize annual work plans, staff structure, supervision guidelines, KPIs for TSS, PA and BAO
- Organize and facilitate regional coordination meetings, trainings, workshops, and district-level events to ensure communication, planning and internal alignment
- Schedule regular check-ins with FOM to provide update on program implementation
- Provide supervisory support to all AIM related program activities at the branch level,
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation.
- Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration and demonstrated ability to build relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of BRAC.
- Masters degree in Social Science/Anthropology/Sociology/Business Administration and/or other relevant fields
- 4-6 years experience of field management/direct implementation experience.
- Prior experience in the international development sector, including familiarity with extreme poor and marginalized communities to implement integrated community development programs including microfinance, livelihood, agricultural and food security, and/or girl’s and women’s empowerment programs.
- Experience in project management and coordination, including supervision and monitoring, administration, finance, and logistics.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: (CONTRACTUAL)
SALARY: (NEGOTIABLE/ MENTION THE AGREED SALARY AMOUNT or RANGE)
JOB LOCATION: Sierra Leone Regional Office
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com or hard copy at Country Office 43 Freetown Road Lumley
Please mention the name of the position in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 8th July 2022
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
Women are strongly encourage to apply.