To maximize hotel revenue and guest satisfaction by receiving, handling, and processing guest reservations under the direction of the Revenue Manager. The job incumbent should work in line with the hotel’s guidelines and business plan and corporate guidelines and service concepts.
Maximizes hotel revenue & Guest satisfaction
· Greets guests over the phone in a friendly, courteous manner
· Records reservation information accurately, identifies and records group and transient business codes
· Informs other departments of VIP arrivals
· Identifies commissionable reservations and secures required information
· Records and processes deposit information
· Identifies and records social billing instructions, approve credit after consultation with the Revenue Manager.
· Files all reservations in a systematic order for easy referral
· Contributes to a maximum occupancy of the hotel by assisting in maintaining accurate inventory control for rooms
· Records requests for special accommodations and suites
· Advises and assists Revenue Manager to notify the Worldwide Reservations Centre of rates and availability status
· Assists with the preparation of the forecast and VIP list
· Achieves maximum occupancy and average rate by utilizing yield management
· Uses up-selling techniques
· Handles all special requests appropriately
· Pre-blocks all special requests or VIP accommodations accurately
· Keeps Revenue Manager informed of new group bookings
· Utilizes guest history files for personalized service at the hotel
· Maximizes customer satisfaction and hotel revenue by promoting hotel restaurants and other services and facilities to guests
· Deals with assigned incoming correspondence, emails, and reservation messages in a timely and accurate manner
· Acknowledges assigned reservation emails and messages.
LAWS, REGULATIONS, AND POLICIES
· Follows all applicable laws, corporate standards, and guidelines
HEALTH & SAFETY
· Maintains high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy
· Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately
· Fully understands the hotel’s fire emergency and bob procedures
· Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
· Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others
· Supports a safe hotel by applying hotel regulations and adhering to existing laws and regulations
· Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and notifies the revenue manager
· Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniforms, appearance, body language, and conduct.
· Responsible Business: show involvement and be interested in environmental and /or social issues by participating in Responsible Business hotel and departmental activities
· Attends meetings and trainings required by the Revenue Manager
· Assists colleagues to perform similar or related jobs after approval of the Revenue Manager
· Ensures guest satisfaction by attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and efficiently
· Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests
· Maintains own working area and materials clean, tidy, and in good shape, reports defective materials and equipment to
the Revenue Manager.
· Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve knowledge of own job function.
· Hotel facilities and nearby sights of interest and importance (i.e. hospitals, stations, tourist sights)
· Hotel standards of operation and departmental procedures
· Accepted methods of payment by the hotel
· Hotel’s credit policy
Competencies and Skills
- Experience working in sales or reservation, preferably in the hospitality or travel industries.
- Customer-service experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Data entry experience.
- Flexible working hours.
· HND or Diploma in Tourism or Hotel Management
· 3+ experience in reservations in hotels or airlines.
|Experience||Minimum 3 years of experience|
|Location||17 Lumley Beach Rd, Freetown, Sierra Leone|
|Expiry date||Sat, 09 Apr 2022|
Click link to Apply: https://radisson-hotels.talentify.io/job/reservations-freetown-western-area-radisson-hotels-1512304?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic