Position : Senior Client Responsiveness and Accountability (CRA) Manager
Reports to : M & E Coordinator
Location : Freetown/ Kenema
Duration : 1 year with possible extension.
Applications Deadline: 30th September 2023 (Applications will be reviewed on a roll-in basis)
Present in Sierra Leone since 1999, IRC supports the Sierra Leonean institutions – government, civil society, community-based organizations, and private sector – to provide improved social services. The IRC does this through programs and partnerships designed to improve the life of women, youth, and children by implementing Health, Education, and Women’s Protection and Empowerment programming.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Senior Client Responsiveness and Accountability (CRA) Manager reports to the M&E Coordinator. As a core member of the country Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team, s/he will support in the implementation of Client Responsiveness and Accountability actions under the direct supervision of M&E Coordinator and will be responsible for day-to-day implementation of the Community Feedback and Response Mechanism. S/he will ensure that feedback mechanisms (both proactive and reactive) are established in consultation with the communities and integrated into routine MEAL practices.
S/he will ensure clients’ quantitative and qualitative feedback is regularly collected, analyzed, and responded to in timely manner. S/he will ensure this data is used to guide IRC program implementation across all sectors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy and MEAL integration
- Lead and coordinate processes to collect, review and respond to client feedback regarding IRC implementation projects on Education, Health, and Women & Girls Protection and Empowerment
- Develop client responsive accountability framework structure and SoP for the Country Program
- Integrate client responsiveness and accountability mechanisms into projects’ routine MEAL plans, tools, and data collection processes.
- Develop MEAL benchmarks/indicators to monitor progress towards CRA targets. • Support the IRC complaints response mechanisms (CRM) and ensure partner reporting mechanisms and case handling frameworks are in line with IRC standards.
Management of client’s feedback and/or complaint
- Set up feedback mechanisms to collect and respond to client feedback – both proactive and reactive considering technological advancements and literacy of the target population (ex: hotline, suggestion boxes, KIIs, FGDs, exit interviews, etc.)
- Manage large scale quantitative client satisfaction surveys to obtain client feedback and measure program quality, with the support of the M&E Coordinator
- Handle routine questions and requests for information and acknowledge, receive and register feedback/complaints from clients of IRC’s assistance and the community members. • Track quantitative and qualitative client feedback using the CRM register on the electronic data collection platform CommCare
- Ensure complaints are correctly and timely lodged into the CRM register and clients are communicated with in a dignified manner regarding their complaints/feedback. • Analyze quantitative and qualitative client feedback data, identify trends, and present results at SMT meetings, staff meetings, and circulated to relevant sector leads for course correction.
- Compile and share ideas and methods across the different sectors on how to engage with communities in two-way communication.
- Continuously develop the capacity of district CRA Focal Points, support them in their activities in their field locations, and organize regular trainings for staff in accordance with IRC Global policy and procedures.
- Arrange CRA inductions and ongoing capacity building of staff, through formal training, discussion groups, refresher sessions, etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields such as human rights, international law, social sciences, statistics, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in MEAL, safeguarding, client responsiveness and accountability, or related programming.
- Demonstrated experience setting up and supporting client responsiveness and accountability, CRM, safeguarding, and/or survey systems
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills
- Advanced English language skills, oral and written.
- Strong training and facilitation skills
- Previous experience with CommCare and/or PowerBI a significant advantage • Previous experience coordinating surveys or large data collection exercises desirable.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
- IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
A copy of your application letter, updated CV, labour card and all other supporting documents should be sent to the NGO Desk Officer, Ministry of Labour – New England or to the nearest Ministry of Labour office nationwide.
Mode of Application:
All applications must be submitted through the link below and should include a cover letter, updated CV, names of three referees and their active telephone and email contacts, copies of professional certificates and testimonial.
Please see application link is herewith: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/45437?c=rescue.
(Only the applicants who have applied via the IRC Website Cornerstone and shortlisted for interview will be contacted).
Please contact any of our offices captioned below for further information and/or detailed requirements or call on 076-471-796.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY