CRS JOB ADVERT – INTERNAL/EXTERNAL
CRS is recruiting for 1 Position: Snr ICT4D/MEAL Officer – Global Fund
If you are interested and your profile matches the requirements, please read the below job descriptions, and follow the instructions to submit your application package.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion, or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are conducted through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding. In Sierra Leone, CRS has served vulnerable communities for over 50 years and is a leader in building the country’s capacity to improve health and nutrition services for young children and their caregivers.
For Over 7 years, CRS Sierra Leone has successfully implemented a global fund project. The project’s success has been contributed to the commitment and support of the team. CRS Sierra Leone accepted a COVID-19 fund to address the covid 19 pandemic in areas of implementation.
Job Title: Senior ICT4D/MEAL Officer
Department: Programs: Global Fund Project
Reports To: MEAL Manager
Country: CRS-Sierra Leone.
Duty Location: CRS Office in Freetown, must be willing to travel up to 40%.
Under the overall supervision of the Global Fund Project Director and directly reporting to the M & E Manager, the Senior ICT4D / MEAL officer will serve as a team member and be responsible to support and ensure the implementation of all Global Fund NFMIII project activities in Sierra Leone. The Senior ICT4D / MEAL officer will support the ICT Manager and M & E Manager and other Project Staff with the digitization, design, implementation, monitoring, and reporting on all Global Fund-related interventions. The Senior ICT4D / MEAL officer is expected to spend 40% of his or her time in the field monitoring activities and the remaining time in Freetown supporting troubleshooting, generating statistical reports, report writing, and updating data entry and files
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Deploy, configure, and maintain ICT4D systems and databases and troubleshoot and address issues to ensure optimal performance
- Configure and maintain applications and user devices
- Provide timely and quality service delivery, technical support, and advice to users’ request
- Prepare statistical reports for ICT4D generated data using Power-BI, COMM Care, DHIS 2, and other platforms
- Establish SOPs to ensure required agency standards are met by staff and partners
- including networks Support Project Staff and SRs to follow M & E procedures
- Collect all required information for M&E data (according to the tools and written reporting procedures)
- Confirm the accuracy of data and follow up with SRs to resolve discrepancies
- Create and maintain a database of reports and data submitted by all SRs (Keep track of received data and source documents in hard and soft copies)
- Support the team with digitizing, initiating, and processing various surveys, reporting forms, and systems
- Provide input to MEAL system design and review discussions
- Supervise quality data collection and management activities at the field level
- Contribute and analyses and reflective discussions on ongoing monitoring data and reports from partners
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline related to development and MEAL: ICT, statistics, mathematics, computer science, etc.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in a similar position
- Experience working with NGOs, and partners, preferably on health projects
- Skilled in working collaboratively with others not under supervisory control to achieve results
- Able to work with diverse groups of people in a multicultural, team environment
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision, including prioritizing work and multi-tasking to meet deadlines
- Excellent organization, planning, and analytical skills; detail-oriented
Required Languages – English Language (Krio is optional).
Travel – Must be willing to travel up to 40%
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of records management procedures
- Ability to navigate with ease through the DHIS 2 platform
- Ability to use COMM Care
- Ability to operate various word-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs
- Interact and maintain good working relationships in a cross-cultural environment
- Communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format
- Detail oriented
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal: GF Project Director, ICT Manager, Program Manager, M&E Manager, Zonal Coordinators, and CP MEAL Coordinator
- External: Program Sub Recipients, MOHS, Other Partners
- Knowledge of CRS Partnership strategy and Partner management experience is an advantage.
- Prior experience working in the West African region, is preferred.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Exceptional knowledge and experience in budget management and project management.
- Ability in Microsoft Office Publisher, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Supervisory Responsibilities (None)
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, efforts, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to safeguarding-related topics.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CRS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this position please click the below link:
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Also send a copy of your application package to the Desk Officers, Ministry of Employment and Social Security, New England and Extension Offices in Applicants’ Locations
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Closing Date for the receipt of application packages is 6th June 2023