Career with BRAC Sierra Leone
With over 100,000 employees reaching an estimated 135 million people, BRAC is the world’s largest non-governmental organization.
BRAC is a development success story, spreading anti poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 9 other developing countries in Asia and Africa, making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of tools including microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities’ own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief organizations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global South. BRAC Sierra Leone is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill up the following position:
Position: Trainer – Microfinance
Duty Station: Country & Field Offices
The main purpose of the Lead Trainer’s job is to design, plan and implement appropriate learning interventions for the capacity development of MF staff.
- Post recruitment orientation programme for fresher, Loan officers, Branch Managers & Area Managers.
- Conduct training needs assessment and design appropriate capacity-building initiatives for all levels of staff.
- Organize and facilitate monthly induction & refresher program on Product, Processes, Policies & behavioral training.
- Facilitate process training on loan disbursement process, documentation & delinquency.
- Measure learning effectiveness through periodic interventions and assessments.
- Maintain liaison with BRAC International Global L&D Team to facilitate global learning agenda at country level.
- Responsible for maintaining learning dashboard and producing need-based reports as per programme needs.
- Ability to give presentations.
- Good communication skills
- Good teaching and lecturing skills
- Command of techniques of community mobilization
- Able to develop reports on training sessions.
- Past experience in training and social works
- Good knowledge of education and primary schoolings
- Experience of conducting out-bound trainings.
- Experience of preparing materials and presentations.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field
- At least 3 years of relevant experience working in the Development sector and preferably in an NGO setting
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades and years of experience at email@example.com OR by hand to our Head Office 43 Freetown Road, Lumley.
PLEASE MENTION THE NAME OF POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 6th October 2022
Women are strongly encouraged to apply