Date PostedFebruary 13, 2024
Expiration dateFebruary 23, 2024
OrganizationSierra Leone Red Cross Society (SLRCS)
INTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT REF/SLRCS/ ICT OFFICER
Reports To: Sierra Leone Red Cross Society
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society (SLRCS) is a humanitarian organisation that believes every human being is entitled to a life of dignity and opportunity. With the help of our partners, staff, and volunteers, we work in vulnerable communities to improve the lives of vulnerable Sierra Leoneans.
SLRCS is seeking talented, hard-working, and dynamic Sierra Leoneans for the position of ICT Officer
Date required: March 2024 Duty station: Freetown with travels to the provinces.
Fixed term – Ten months with possible extension based on performance.
The post holder will be responsible for delivering high-quality technical support, system, and data maintenance across a range of areas, to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
- Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimization, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for SLRCS staff is available.
- Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up to date.
- Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services.
- Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems to assist SLRCS staff in delivering their services.
- With the support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
- Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organized. Install, operate, and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
- Working on weekends and evenings to address critical IT problems disrupting the operations of the National Society.
Education and Experience
- University degree Preferred in Information Systems, Computer Science or any the related functional area.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the area of IT system administration & IT technical support.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong commitment to championing the protection of the environment.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Carry out backend system and hardware (DC Servers and enterprise storage) configuration, management, and maintenance.
Carry out backend infrastructure (Core Switches, Firewalls, PBX , LAN, WLAN, VLAN) configuration, management and maintenance.
- Identify user needs, analyze data, and produce accurate reports to recommend IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
- Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyze data, and produce accurate reports to recommend IT solutions to support.
- Ensure Systems & Links availability in 8* 5 mode with target availability of 99 18
- Provide technical support to end users for incidents and problems
- Provide IT guidance and training to SLRCS colleagues.
- Provide IT Asset Physical Control.
- Prepare IT purchase requests.
Duties applicable to all SLRCS staff
- Uphold the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Actively work towards the achievement of the goals of SLRCS
- Demonstrate competencies and proprieties as defined in the behaviour framework of SLRCS.
- Excellent level of English (written and spoken)
Applications should be forwarded under confidential cover marked the position you have applied for with an up-to-date C.V, names of two referees (none relatives), and supporting documents to the HR Department, 6 Liverpool Street, Freetown or firstname.lastname@example.org date for receipt of applications: 23rd March 2023 at 17:00 hrs.
“WOMEN ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY”
NOTE: CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE LIMITED TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS ONLY. TELEPHONE ENQUIRIES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED